Jump to navigation Jump to search
Central Mozambique is a region in Mozambique comprising the provinces of Manica, Sofala, Tete and Zambezia province.
- 1 Beira - in Sofala Province, it's the second largest city in the country, and a likely overnight stop if you're overlanding between Northern and Southern Mozambique
- 2 Chimoio - close to the Zimbabwe border in Manica Province, it's an important transport hub if you're en route from Malawi to Southern Mozambique
- 3 Quelimane - the largest town in Zambezia province, and another likely transport stop, but this time with a little more character
- 4 Tete - one of the possible first/last stops en route to/from Malawi or Zimbabwe
- 5 Vila Ulongwe - about 40 km from the Dedza, Malawi border a few hours north of Tete
- 6 Chinde - Remote and inaccessible coastal town on the southern bank of the Chinde river (part of the Zambezi river).
- 7 Caia - Small city most notable for being the location of the lowest vehicle crossing on the Zambezi river. The impressive new bridge was opened in 2009.
- 8 Marromeu - Home of Sena Sugar Estates and one of the lowest towns accessible by road on the Zambezi river.
- 9 Mutarara / Vila de Sena Location of the longest railway bridge in Africa.
- Cahora Bassa — a dam and hydroelectric power station on the Zambezi River.
- 1 Gorongosa National Park
- 2 Santa Carolina — an island at the mouth of the Limpopo River.