Jump to navigation Jump to search
Central Western Iran is in Western Iran. It is made up of 6 provinces:
- 1 Arak — an industrial city with a number of historical sites and museums
- 2 Hamadan — one of the oldest cities in Western Iran
- 3 Ilam — a largely Kurdish city with many traditional buildings
- 4 Kermanshah — its climate is mild and it has many natural and historical sights
- 5 Lalejin — the heartland of pottery and ceramics in Iran
- 6 Mahallat — a place of culture and warm mineral water
- 7 Qazvin — a base for visiting the mountains of Alborz or the remains of Hasan-e-Sabah's castle Alamut, from where he ruled the assassins order, a medieval terrorist organisation
- 8 Rijab — a recreational and tourist area full of water and greenery and mountains
- 9 Sanandaj — its old bazaar is noted as a place to buy Kurdish handicrafts
- 10 Tafresh — a small academic city that was an important centre of Zoroastrianism
- 11 Takestan — an agricultural community known for its vineyards
Persian, Kurdish and Azeri.
- 1 Cultural Landscape of Hawraman/Uramanat. A world heritage site. The valley has been the home of the Kurdish Hawrami people since around 3000 BCE.