Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If you were looking for the Islamic month of fast as it relates to travel look here
Hamadan is one of the oldest cities in Western Iran, and some believe the world.
There is a daily flight from Tehran.
A train station is at Malayer which is about an hour by car.
There are buses from Tehran and other major cities.
- 1 Ali Sadr Cave. – about 100km north of Hamadan lies this fascinating cave which is the world's largest water cave. Best toured by pedal boat.
- 2 Avicenna's Mausoleum (آرامگاه بوعلی سینا). Tomb of the Persian polymath Avicenna (Abu Ali Sina), includes a museum.
- 3 Tomb of Baba Taher.
- 4 Alavian Cupola (Gonbad-e Alavian).
- 5 Ganjnameh. is an ancient inscription which has been carved in granite, is composed of two sections. One on the left ordered by Darius I and the other on the right was ordered by Xerxes I .
- Estakhr-e Abbas Abad (an over-the-hill lake with a magnificent view to the city.)
- 6 Tomb of Esther and Mordechai. Believed to house the remains of the biblical Queen Esther and her uncle Mordechai, it is the most important pilgrimage site for Jews in the country.
- 7 Stephen Gregory Church (کلیسای گریگوری استفان). One of the churches of the Iranian-Armenians
- Hamedan Museum of Natural History. it has a considerable taxidermic collection of animals and insects. The museum also has an aquarium and live fish tanks.
- Nazari House
- Mohammadi House
- 8 Hamedan Stone Lion (Shir Sangi Hamedan).
- 9 Ekbatana. Excavated Ancient City
- Borj-e Qorban.
- 1 Baba Taher International Hotel, ☏ . Business hotel, located north of city centre.
- See also the warnings at Iran#Stay safe.
- Police: 110
- Fire department: 125
- EMS: 115
- Road EMS: 115 or 112