Chaguanas is in Trinidad.
Chaguanas was named after the Amerindian tribe living here when the Spanish colonised the island. It was a small agricultural village until the 1980s when it started to expand. Today it is the fastest growing city in Trinidad and Tobago.
- A House for Mr Biswas (1961), V.S. Naipaul. It was Naipaul's first acclaimed novel that put the village of Chaguanas on the global limelight. Naipaul himself was born here.
- 1 Caroni Swamp. Mangrove wetland just northwest of town. A good place for birdwatching, in particular the scarlet ibis, Trinidad and Tobago's national bird.
- 1 Spa Paradis, 49 Main Road (in Plaza de Montrose), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A clean and relaxing spa. They provide a complimentary cheesecake and tea/coffee at the end of your session.
- Passage to Asia, 7 St. Yves St (next to Presentation College), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Daily 11AM-10PM. The restaurant lives up to its name as it serves a variety of Indian, Chinese and Thai food.
- Medford's Grill Xpress, 6 Rodney Rd, ☏ . Informal and casual setting. International grilled cuisine.
- Buffet King (in Centre Point Mall), ☏ . Provides the biggest buffet in the country. Over 50 self-serve dishes available. Very casual environment.
- Peche Patisserie, 74B Caroni Savannah Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Stylish, upmarket French bakery. Has a rustic, modern interior. The pastries and bread are freshly baked daily.
- Eagle's Chinese Restaurant & Bar, 44 Eleanor St (See the big eagle on the top of a 3-storey building), ☏ . Steamed and fried dumplings, spicy seafood, ribs and pork buns.
- Giro Pizza, 94 Ramsaran Street, ☏ . You can have wood-fired pizzas, lasagnas, and desserts such as tiramisu and panna cotta. The restaurant is owned and the food is made by an actual Italian.
- Kaizan Sushi, Shop 11a Price Plaza, ☏ . Efficient Japanese restaurant. Good customer service. Try the lava roll and sake.
- 1 Liberty Hotel and Convention Centre (across the Caparo River). Fully air-conditioned with Wi-Fi access.