Chanhassen is close to the big city, but still has that small town charm, making it appealing for all types of visitors. There are many opportunities for fun, family and business in Chanhassen. Close to downtown Minneapolis, the city is home to eleven lakes, many community parks, the Chanhassen Dinner Theater, Lake Minnewashta and Lake Ann Park Beaches.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is only twenty miles from Chanhassen.
Highways 5 and 212 run through Chanhassen and connect to Interstate 494. Highway 101 also runs through Chanhassen connecting to US 169 to the south, and Interstate 394 to the north.
Automobiles are the most common type of transportation for travelers who are staying in the city, however, there are a few other options.
By public transportation
There are coach buses operated by SouthWest Transit which will take travelers from Chanhassen to downtown Minneapolis. There are numerous taxi services in Chanhassen which will take travelers to and from their destinations.
Chanhassen has over 80 miles of trails for biking and walking.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Chanhassen Dinner Theater, 501 W 78th St, ☏ . Three stages host Broadway favorites and other classic fare, with the most family-friendly productions usually scheduled during the summer.
- 2 Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, 3675 Arboretum Dr, ☏ . The Arboretum is a great place to visit year round. Walk in the summer and enjoy the beautiful gardens, cross country ski in the winter. Great fall color and wonderful spring wildflowers. The Learning Center is for kids and often has free family activities.
Chanhassen has a 500-acre park system that features five community parks and 22 neighborhood parks scattered throughout the community. There are 55 miles of trails and sidewalks for walkers, bikers, runners, and in-line skaters to enjoy. The trails connect downtown, parks, and neighborhoods.
- [dead link] Lake Ann Park & Beach, 1456 West 78th St. Concessions and boat rentals are available daily during the summer months from 11AM-7PM Other amenities include a picnic/recreation shelter, tennis court, six ball fields, a soccer field, canoe rack, volleyball, trails, boat access, and a fishing pier.
- [dead link] Lake Minnewashta Regional Park, 6900 Hazelpine Blvd. Changing/restrooms are on site, lifeguards on Duty mid-June through mid-August between Noon and 6PM Concession stand with vending machines offering refreshments and snacks along with picnic tables and grills nearby
- Lake Susan Beach, 903 Lake Dr E. Lake Susan Park offers a small beach near the picnic shelter. Park also includes trails a playground and a fishing pier.
- Halla Green Executive Golf Course, 495 Pioneer Trl, ☏ . Features 1,694 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 29 . The course rating is 57.4 and it has a slope rating of 88.
- [dead link] Bluff Creek Golf Club, 1025 Creekwood St, ☏ . Features 6,528 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 70.8 and it has a slope rating of 119 on Blue grass.
- Axel's, 560 W 78th St, ☏ . Axel's embody today's supper club through the highest quality American Cuisine, steaks, chops, fish, pastas, and salads.
- High Timber Lounge, 591 W 78th St, ☏ . The lounge features cozy décor with a grand fireplace, antique bar, large screen television and plenty of seating. The lounge offers a full bar with an excellent wine and beer selection.
- Rey Azteca Mexican Restaurant, 7874 Market Blvd, ☏ . Fantastic food, fun atmosphere, great authentic Mexican food. Also includes a full bar.
- [formerly dead link] Tian Jin Chinese Restaurant, 463 W 79th St, ☏ . Healthy food, friendly service and a fancy restaurant. Delivery available online or by phone.
- Frankie's Pizza, 7850 Market Blvd, ☏ . Family owned and operated, Frankie's has been serving up Chicago style pizza for over 20 years. Dine in, carry out, or delivery.
- Na's Thai Cafe, 566 West 78th St, ☏ . Authentic Thai food. One of the best places in the Twin Cities for Thai cuisine.
- 1 AmericInn, 570 Pond Promenade, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. The hotel offers a variety of room types, including suites with whirlpools and fireplaces. Great customer service, friendly staff, and near downtown Chanhassen.
- 2 Chanhassen Inn, 531 W 79th St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Locally owned hotel near downtown Chanhassen and off of Highway 5.
- 3 Country Inn & Suites, 591 W 78th St, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Situated in the heart of downtown Chanhassen, newly-renovated and just steps away from the Chanhassen Dinner Theaters.
- 4 Holiday Inn Express, 7855 Century Blvd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Located next to the Chanhassen Wildlife Preserve. You not only get a peaceful stay, but free amenities including Wi-Fi access, a hot breakfast and free shuttle service.
- Chanhassen Library, 7711 Kerber Blvd, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-8PM, F-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM.
- Mall of America in nearby Bloomington. Minnesota has no sales tax on clothing.
- Valleyfair is an amusement park that's within an hour's drive in nearby Shakopee.
- Minnesota Zoo is in nearby Apple Valley.
|Routes through Chanhassen|
|Montevideo ← Chaska ←||W E||→ Eden Prairie → Minneapolis via and|
|END ← Gaylord ←||W E||→ Eden Prairie → Saint Paul|
|Wayzata ← Eden Prairie ← ends ←||N S||→ ends → Shakopee → Savage|