Steele Creek is a neighborhood and major district in Charlotte. Steele Creek is located along Lake Wylie in the far southwest quadrant of Charlotte primarily bordered by Interstate 485 to the east and located south of the Charlotte Airport. This area is home to the Charlotte Premium Outlets and Rivergate shopping centers as well as numerous suburban neighborhoods.
- 1 McDowell Nature Preserve, 15222 York Road, Charlotte, NC 28278, ☏ . Mostly undeveloped nature preserve located along Lake Wylie with a nature center, campground and numerous hiking trails.
- 1 Carowinds. is most likely one of Charlotte's top attractions. This 400-acre amusement park on the stateline between southwest Charlotte and Fort Mill in South Carolina opened in March of 1973. This amusement park claims to be the thriller of the southeast with 13 roller coasters and 7 water rides. The entrance is located just across the stateline on Interstate 77 at exit 90.
- 1 Charlotte Outlets, 5404 New Fashion Way, Charlotte, NC 28278, ☏ . Outlet mall featuring numerous national retail stores.
- 2 Rivergate, 12807 S Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28273, ☏ . Outdoor shopping center with numerous national and local retailers minutes from the shores of Lake Wylie.
- 3 Arsley Village, 2000 Arsley Town Blvd. Outdoor shopping center at the entrance of Steele Creek along Interstate 485.