Chios is a region of Greece, an island in the Aegean Sea 5 miles off the Turkish coasts.
The population is about 52,290 (census of 2001), with an area of 904 km². Chios or Chora; it is a port and the island's chief town. The island is famous for its scenery and good climate. Its chief export is mastic but it also produces olives, figs, and wine. Its international fame is based on the size and quality of its shipping community.
- Agios Minas
- Chios - the main city of the island and its administrative center with a well-preserved Genoese castle
- Kardamyla - traditional village at the north of the island
- Pyrgi - village whose houses have black and white decoration at the exterior
- Mesta - village at the south of the island with strong medieval character, with stone houses closely related, making the village look like a castle
Domestic flights There are daily flights from Athens airport by Olympic Air  and Aegean Airlines . Sky Express is operating regular flights from Mytilini, Samos, Rhodes, Heraklion and Limnos. In the summertime there are also flights from Thesaloniki and Rhodes 2-3 times a week. Astra Airlines  has scheduled flights from Thessaloniki.
From May till October charter airlines fly directly to Chios from some European airports.
- Hellaswings from Oslo Norway once a week;
- Lilleput from Oslo Norway once a week;
- Martin Air from Amsterdam Holland once a week;
- Transavia from Amsterdam Holland twice a week;
- Lauda Air From Vienna Austria once a week.
You can take the boat from Piraeus once a day (twice a day in the summer) from NEL Lines or Hellenic Seaways or Kabala (operational only in the summer). There is also regular trips from Samos and Lesvos all year round.
Çeşme on Turkish mainland just opposite Chios also has ferry connections with the island. The all year round service costing €23 one-way pp (or €40 return) departs at 09:30 AM from Çeşme and takes roughly an hour. Those doing the trip to island as a day trip can take the return ferry to Turkey departing at 5PM (except Sundays, on which it departs at 4PM) from Chios.
You can bring a car using the boats, or you can rent one there. Chios is a big island and if you want to get around (out of the place where you are staying you have to have wheels) you better rent a car or motorbike. Renting a bicycle is also an option if you are not traveling big distances.
- Nea Moni — a UNESCO World Heritage listed monastery
- To Mestousiko, Mesta, Chios (East of the main square), ☎ . Daily 10:00 to 23:00 (or later). Small grill with outdoor seating, run by George and Marina Pannadi year-round. The menu has grilled sandwiches, souvlaki, and Greek (horiatiki) salads. Located a block from the town square directly behind the new church of Taxiarchis (Archangels). To reach the restaurant, walk to the right and turn into the first alley. When you see the church, turn right. in expensive.
- Amarandos Apartments, Vokaria, Nenita, ☎ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Sea view apartments just 15meters from the beach with amazing view of the Aegean and the Asia Minor. Hiden from the noise and mass turism ,ideal from relaxing 50-100.
- Haus Fay Chios, Emporios, Chios, ☎ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Haus Fay is a family hotel of studios and apartments renovated to satisfy the needs of every visitor. Overlooking the Aegean, in Notiochora of Chios, just a few minutes walk from Mavra Volia and Foki. Located in the central square in the harbor of Emporios next to restaurants which serve Greek specialties and fresh fish. 50-100.