Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chupei, also spelled Jhubei (竹北; Zhúběi), is the administrative capital of Hsinchu County.
Chupei is accessible via the following stations:
- 1 Hsinchu HSR station (高鐵新竹站), No. 6, Gaotie 7th Road. Despite the name, Hsunchu high-speed rail station is actually in Chupei city. The station is also adjacent to Liujia TRA station.
- 2 Zhubei station (竹北車站), No. 59, Heping Street. The station lies on the West Coast line of the TRA network.
- 3 Liujia station (六家車站), No. 229, Section 2, Fuxingsan Road.
History and culture
- 1 Zhu-Bei Auspicious Place (采田福地), No. 20, Lane 219, Zhongzheng West Road, ☏ . 08:00-19:00.
- 2 Wen-Li Hall (竹北問禮堂). Weekdays 09:00-17:00.
- 3 Liujia Historical Residences (Lin Family Residence) (六家古厝群 (林家祠)).
- 4 New Tile House Hakka Cultural District (新瓦屋客家文化保存區), No. 123, Section 1, Wenxing Road, ☏ . A small area containing a number of traditional Hakka-style houses.
- 5 13 Tu Di Gong Temple (十三伯公福佑宮), No. 19, Section 2, Liujiawu Road, ☏ .
- 6 Lianhua Temple (蓮華寺), ☏ .
- 7 Lotus Temple (蓮花寺), No. 925, Lianhua Road, ☏ .
- 8 Wufu Temple (竹北伍福宮), No. 169, Shengli 2nd Road, ☏ .
- 9 Mazu temple (竹北天后宮), No. 50, Rende Street, ☏ .
Sport and outdoors
- 1 Hsinchu County Stadium (新竹縣體育館), No. 197, Section 1, Fuxing East Road, ☏ . Also referred to as the Zhubei Dome (竹北巨蛋). The stadium consists of an outdoor arena used mostly for football and track and field events and outdoor concerts, and an indoor stadium for multiple sports events, exhibitions, conferences and performances.
- 2 New Moon Beach (新月沙灣), No. 68, Lane 155, Section 5, Fenggang Road.
- 3 Reptiles and amphibians park (文信爬蟲兩棲公園). A well laid out park with a number of stone statues of various reptiles, as well as a small amphitheatre.
- 4 Luwuxianzheng Native Plant Park (綠五縣政植物公園), No. 1, Guangming 9th Road. A moderately-sized park that contains a number of sculptures and examples of local flora. Signage is almost exclusively in Chinese.
- 5 Tofu Rocks (豆腐岩). An area of the river where a number of large concrete blocks have been eroded smooth resembling bricks of tofu. The area is a popular place for couples to take photos.
- 6 Cultural Bureau Performance Hall (新竹縣政府文化局演藝廳), No. 146, Xianzheng 9th Road, ☏ . Run by the local government, this venue hosts a number of arts performances for the public.
- 7 Fengqi Sunset Trail (鳳崎落日步道).
- 1 Zhubei Night Market (竹北夜市), Xinguang 2nd Street, ☏ . Weekends, 17:30-23:30.
- 2 Chubby Brunch & Burger (Chubby 喜樂餐廳), No. 8, Lane 158, Gaotieer Road (Near HSR station), ☏ . 10:00-14:00, 17:00-21:00. Delicious, affordable American food! Huge selection of salads, burgers, pasta, wraps, and brunch all day!
- 3 Vegetables Bar (喫菜吧), No. 32, Section 1, Jiafeng 2nd St, ☏ . 11:00-14:00, 17:30-21:00.
- 4 The V:F Zhubei, No. 78, Section 1, Jiafeng South Road, ☏ . 11:30-21:30.
- Tom Bao.
- Linda's kitchen.
- Thai Town Cuisine.
- J&J Tea Shop.
- Titty Tea, Wenxing rd.. American owned cafe. Great coffee, tea, beer wine, and excellent sandwiches. Quaint, stylish atmosphere. Mid-high.
- 1 Bistro 302, No. 30, Section 1, Jiafeng 11th Rd (2 blocks from HSR station when exiting out of the side Moe's Burgers is on), ☏ . 11:30-22:30. Elegant, fine-dining, American chef with a modern, fresh style. Mid.
- 1 Sheraton Hsinchu Hotel (新竹豐邑喜來登大飯店), No. 265, E Section 1, Guangming 6th Rd, ☏ .