Clervaux is a town of 5,200 people (2018) in the Our Natural Park in northern Luxembourg. Clervaux is a picturesque town that is popular with tourists. Its major attractions are the Saint-Maurice-et-Saint-Maur abbey, and its medieval castle dating from the 12th century, which houses the photographic exhibition “The Family of Man”.
Clervaux is located along N18, which connects to the N7 (part of E421) 5 km east from the town. This road connects directly to the Bourscheid commune, Ettelbruck, Mersch and Luxembourg City (after a merge with the A1).
By public transit
Clervaux has a 1 Train station on the Liège-Luxembourg line, 1 km north of the town centre. This is also the central point for buses to and from the town and surrounding region. The buses connect to the train stations of Vianden and Wiltz.
- 1 Battle of the Bulge Museum, ☏ .
- 2 Castle of Clervaux (in the middle of Clervaux overlooking the town, it can be seen from most streets). Tu-Su 10:00 - 18:00, closed M.
- 3 Abbey of St. Maurice and St. Maurus (Benediktinerabtei hellege Moritz), 1 Place de l'Abbaye, Clervaux, ☏ .
- 4 The Family of Man, 31 Montée du Château, ☏ . A legendary photography exhibition by Luxembourgish American photographer Edward Steichen, the director of the Museum of Modern Art's (MOMA) Department of Photography. In 2003 the Family of Man photographic collection was added to UNESCO's Memory of the World Register. €6.
- Hike. Plenty of hiking routes in the area.
- 1 Nordstrooss Shopping Mile Marnach, 2 Marbuergerstrooss, Marnach.
- 1 [dead link] Bistro 1865, 29 Rue de la Gare, ☏ .
- 2 Les Ecuries du Parc, 4 Rue du Parc, ☏ .
- 3 A Peitesch, 24 Rue Du Village, Eselborn.
- 4 Restaurant Aux Pyramides, 9 Marburgerstrooss, Marnach, ☏ .
- 5 Restaurant Yves Radelet, 11 Duerefwee, Draufelt, ☏ .
- Nightlife. Although there are some bars and restaurants, Clervaux' nightlife is not very lively.
- 1 Hotel du Commerce, 2 Route de Marnach, ☏ . €104.
- 2 Hotel International 4 Etoiles, 10 Grand-Rue, ☏ . €97.
- 3 Le Clervaux Boutique & Design Hotel, 9 Grand-Rue, ☏ . €182.
- 4 [formerly dead link] Hotel des Nations, 29 Rue de la Gare, ☏ . €113.
- 5 [dead link] Golf-Hôtel La Claravallis, 3 Rue de la Gare, ☏ . €95.
- 6 Hotel Koener, 14 Grand-Rue, ☏ .
- 7 Camping Woltzdal, Maison 12, Maulusmühle (Located just south of the train station Maulusmühle, which is halfway between Clervaux and Troisvierges.), ☏ .