Mersch is a town in central Luxembourg, located where the rivers Alzette, Mamer and Eisch meet.
Mersch can be reached through the A7 motorway running northwards from Luxembourg City. Exits 3, 4 and 5 on this highway service the town. Up north the E421, which the A7 becomes after Colmar-Berg, connects to Ettelbruck and Diekirch.
The 1 Mersch train station lies along line 10, starting in Luxembourg City and passing through Ettelbruck, where the line branches off for Diekirch, Kautenbach, from where it merges of towards Wiltz, Clervaux, Maulusmuhle, from where the line merges off to Troisvierges, only to pass the border with Belgium, and finally terminating in Liège.
Mersch is rather small and can be navigated on foot. When exploring the larger Mersch commune, it is advised to go either by bicycle or car.
- Gallo-Roman villa, Rue des Romains, Mersch. Free entrance.
- Château de Pettange (Pettingen Castle). One of the best fortified castles of Luxembourg.
- Visit the Mierscher Kulturhaus, 53 Rue Grande-Duchesse Charlotte, Mersch, ☏ .
- 1 Topaze Shopping Centre, Rue de Colmar-Berg, L-7525 Mersch. Large regional trade and commercial centre with several clothing stores, a supermarket, bakeries and restaurants, the latter are listed below.
- Topaze Shopping Centre - Topaze houses several restaurants and lunchrooms, all of which are listed below.
- Dimmi Si, Route de Colmar-Berg, L-7525 Mersch, ☏ .
- Quick, 70 Rue de Colmar-Berg, L-7525 Mersch, ☏ . 10:30-0:00.
- Pizza Hut Mersch, Rue de Colmar-Berg, L-7525 Mersch, ☏ . 11:00-22:00.
- Extrawurscht, 66 Rue de Colmar-Berg, ☏ . Extrawurscht is not a proper restaurant. If you need a quick bite, it may very well pass. Extrawurscht is a stand outside of the Topaze Mall selling sausages and related products.
- 1 Fabrik, 33 Rue de la Gare, ☏ .
- 2 Restaurant Tomate Basilic, 36 Rue Grande-Duchesse Charlotte, ☏ .
- 3 La Parrilla, 19 Rue Grande-Duchesse Charlotte, ☏ .
- 4 La Boheme, 2 Rue d'Arlon, ☏ .
- 5 Café Silo, 42 Rue de la Gare, ☏ .
- 6 A Guddensch, 1 Am Kaesch, L-7593 Beringen, ☏ .
- 1 Bureau des Postes (Post office), 3-7 Rue Grande-Duchesse Charlotte, ☏ . The post offices of the Grand Duchy offer, aside from the expected postal services, telecom solutions. If you're meaning to get, for instance, a SIM-card for Luxembourg to save on your phone bill, then this is a place to go.
- 2 Pharmacie du Cerf (Pharmacy), Centre Marisca, ☏ .
- 3 Police Grand-Ducale (Police station), 1 Rue de Colmar-Berg, ☏ .