Colchester is a town in Northwest Vermont. It is home to Saint Michael's College. Colchester is primarily a bedroom community of Burlington. The town is very spread out, with most businesses and residences clustered in three villages: Colchester village, Mallet's Bay, and Severance Corners. St. Michael's College is located in the southeast corner of the town near Winooski and Essex Junction.
Burlington International Airport is a 10-20 minute drive from most parts of Colchester. You can rent a car at the airport.
You will need a car to get around Colchester.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:26PM local time and lasts 3 min. The chances of a clear sky are 30%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio and the Canada–New England border, then across New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
- Colchester Historical Society. Has restored a vintage 1815 log schoolhouse. May-Oct.
- St. Micheal's Play House, 1 Winooski Park, ☏ . See a play at this local college theatre.
- Sunset Drive-In, 155 Porters Point Rd, ☏ . See a double feature at this 4 screen drive-in.
Outdoor activities include sailing - rent a boat and go sailing on Mallet's Bay.
- 1 Niquette Bay State Park, 274 Raymond Rd, ☏ . Hike the network of trails around the park for views of the Champlain Islands or go swimming at the beach. The entrance to the park is at the end of Raymond Rd. Adult $4, Child (4-13) $2, Small child (under 4) free.
- 2 Colchester Pond. Hike the trails surrounding this large pond, especially during autumn when foliage is at its peak. The parking area is found at the end of Colchester Pond Rd.
- 3 Causeway Park, 781 Blakely Rd (follow the bike path to the left onto the lake). Free.
There are few shops in Colchester.
- Three Brothers Pizza and Grill, 973 Roosevelt Hwy, ☏ .
- Rozzi's Lakeshore Tavern, 1022 W. Lakeshore Dr, ☏ .
- Spanked Puppy Pub, 116 Main St, ☏ .
- Bayside Bakery and Coffee Bar, 824 W. Lakeshore Dr, ☏ .
- Junior's Italian, 85 South Park Dr, ☏ . Italian restaurant with attached pizzeria.
- McGuillicuddy's, 18 Severance Green, +1 802 871-5480. Bar and restaurant with patio.
- Miami Mami (Cuban Kitchen in Vermont), 192 Johnson Ave #2, ☏ , MiamiMamiVT@gmail.com. Cuban food.
Rozzi's and Spanked Puppy also have bars attached to the restaurant.
- Tilly's Pub, 831 College Pkwy. Hang out with some St. Michael's College students at this nearby bar.
- Fairfield Inn Burlington Colchester, 84 South Park Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- Motel 6 Burlington - Colchester, 74 South Park Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- [formerly dead link] Residence Inn Burlington-Colchester, 71 Rathe Rd, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn, 42 Lower Mountain View Drive, 05446, ☏ .
|Routes through Colchester|
|Montreal ← St. Albans ←||N S||→ Winooski → Burlington via|
|Rouses Point ← South Hero ←||N S||→ Winooski → Burlington|
|St. Albans ← Milton ←||N S||→ Winooski → Burlington|
|END ←||N S||→ Essex → Williston|