North America > United States of America > Midwest > Wisconsin > Southwest Wisconsin > Greater Madison Area > Columbus (Wisconsin)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Columbus is a community that has a lot of pre-1930s architecture downtown and a history that dates to 1845. It is about 28 miles northeast of Madison, Wisconsin. Columbus has a population of about 5,000 people as of 2016.
- 1 Amtrak, 359 N Ludington St. Columbus is served once daily in each direction by the Empire Builder.
- 2 Lamers Bus Line, 359 N Ludington St (at Columbus Amtrak Station), ☏ . Columbus is served by Lamers Bus Service. This connector can provide transportation from the Amtrak Train to many places in Wisconsin.
- 1 Columbus Antique Mall & Museum, 239 Whitney St, ☏ . Daily 8AM-4PM. Wisconsin's largest antique mall with wares from over 200 dealers. Also features the Christoper Columbus Museum, with artifacts from Chicago's 1893 World Columbian Exposition.
- 2 Columbus City Firemans Park, 1049 Park Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A large pavilion for weddings large events. A large grass park for many events.
- 1 The Workshop Columbus, 128 West James St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Art and craft studio for people of all ages. Has classes and a gallery.
- 1 [dead link] Capri Steak House, 126 S Ludington Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Lunch Tu-F 11AM-1:30PM; dinner M-Th 4:30-8:30PM, F Sa 4:30-9:30PM, Su 4:30-8PM. They call themselves "the classic Wisconsin Supper Club".
- 2 Columbus Family Restaurant, 224 Dix St, ☏ . Daily 6AM-8PM. A full service American family restaurant. $8.
- 3 James Street Pizza, 112 E James St, Columbus, WI 53925 (in downtown on James Street the Columbus, Wisconsin main street), ☏ . Columbus Wisconsin has New York Style Pizza!
- 4 Club 60, W2164 State Highway 60, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M Th-Su 4:30-9PM. Supper club and steakhouse
- 1 [dead link] Sharrows Downtown, 100 S Ludington St (Heart of downtown), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Café opened in 2013, serving Steep & Brew coffee. Also have a few local baked treats from Capri Steakhouse and 'Prairie Moon Bakery'. Also sells some seasonal gifts and cards, chocolates, candies and party goods.
- 2 Julies Java House, 9 N Ludington St, ☏ . M 6AM-2PM, Tu-F 6AM-5PM, Sa 7AM-1PM, Su 8AM-11:30.
- 3 Cercis Brewing Company, 140 N Dickason Boulevard (take 16/60 James Street off Hwy 151 look for City Hall Turn North 1 block), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M W Th 4-9PM, F Sa M-9PM, Su noon-5PM. Brewpub, featuring homemade beers, pizzas, pretzels, and fun.
- 1 Super 8, 219 Industrial Dr (near James St exit on US 151), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Gym, indoor pool, laundry, free wireless internet, and free breakfast available. Pets allowed with a $10 surcharge and $50 refundable deposit. No smoking.
- 2 HA Whitney Inn, 229 N Ludington St #3, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Historic Home close to the Amtrak Station and Historic Downtown Columbus, Wisconsin
|Routes through Columbus|
|St. Paul ← Portage ←||W E||→ Milwaukee → Chicago|
|Dubuque ← Madison ←||SW NE||→ Fond du Lac → Manitowoc|