The name "Conchillas" is used both for the town and for the surrounding area including Radial Conchillas, Pueblo Gil, and Puerto de Conchillas on the beach.
There is a tourist information office in the Evans Building.
Conchillas is accessible via Radial Conchillas (also known as Radial Hernández) on Uruguay Route 21. If travelling by car, just follow Route 21 until you see the signs for Conchillas.
Within the town of Conchillas, you can walk around, but to get around in the larger area you're better off having a car or motorcycle.
- 1 Baptist Church (Iglesia Bautista).
- 2 Casa de la Cultura (museum). 07:45–17:45. A cluster of historic buildings with short guided tours available.
- 3 Cemetery. Old graves in family plots, with gravestones in English, German, and Spanish.
- 4 Evans Building (Edificio Evans, Casa Evans). Built in 1910, the Evans building was important for the town, and included a large warehouse. It now houses a tourist information office and a small museum.
- 5 Hotel Conchillas. Not to be confused with the modern hotel of the same name, this is a historic site that hasn't been in operation in years. It was a high-quality hotel in its day, which housed businesspeople visiting from England and other people of importance. Designed by English architect Henry Pepperall and opened on 22 June 1911 (coinciding with the coronation of King George V), it recreated a bit of England in South America so visitors would feel at home. Tourists are not allowed in nowadays, but you can see it from the outside.
- 6 Plaza 25 de Agosto. The town's main plaza, with the usual trees and the obligatory statue of Artigas.
Walk through the town and see the old English architecture. Many of the buildings have slanted roofs designed to withstand snow. Little did the English colonists know, snow is not a concern here.
Fishing is a possibility in Puerto Conchillas.
There is a campground in Puerto Conchillas.
- Colonia West Hotel, ☏ . Restaurant and pub here on property. Pool. All-inclusive stay.
- Hotel Conchillas, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Outdoor pool.
- María María, Camino al puerto ingles, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Little cabanas on the pampas.