Corfu is the capital of the island of the same name .
The town bus number 19 does the trip hourly from 06:00 to 00:00 in season, but only until 21:00 October through March.
- Aegean Airlines flies from Athens and seasonally from Paris-Charles de Gaulle
- Aer Lingus flies seasonally from Dublin
- Alitalia flies seasonally from Milan-Linate and Rome-Fiumicino
- Austrian Airlines flies seasonally from Vienna
- Blue Panorama Airlines flies seasonally from Bologna and Rome-Fiumicino
- British Airways flies seasonally from London-Gatwick and London-Heathrow
- Brussels Airlines flies seasonally from Brussels
- Condor flies seasonally from Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Leipzig/Halle, Munich, Stuttgart
- Corendon Airlines flies seasonally from Amsterdam and Maastricht/Aachen
- easyJet flies seasonally from Amsterdam, Berlin–Schönefeld, Berlin–Tegel, Bristol, London–Gatwick, London–Luton, Lyon, Manchester, Milan–Malpensa, Naples, Paris–Charles de Gaulle
- Edelweiss Air flies seasonally from Zurich
- Ellinair flies seasonally from Kiev–Zhuliany, Moscow–Vnukovo, Saint Petersburg
- Enter Air flies seasonally from Katowice
- Eurowings flies seasonally from Cologne/Bonn, Dresden, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Hannover, Linz, Munich, Salzburg, Stuttgart
- Finnair flies seasonally from Helsinki
- Iberia flies seasonally from Madrid
- Israir flies seasonally from Tel Aviv
- Jet2.com flies seasonally from Belfast–International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds/Bradford, London–Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne
- LOT Polish Airlines flies seasonally from Gdańsk, Kraków, Lublin, Poznań, Warsaw-Chopin, Wrocław
- Lufthansa flies seasonally from Frankfurt and Munich
- Neos flies seasonally from Milan-Malpensa
- Norwegian Air Shuttle flies seasonally from Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo–Gardermoen, Stockholm-Arlanda
- Olympic Air flies from Athens
- Ryanair flies seasonally from Bergamo, Berlin–Tegel, Birmingham, Bologna, Bratislava, Budapest, Charleroi, Cologne/Bonn, Dublin, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Liverpool, London–Southend, London–Stansted, Manchester, Naples, Poznań, Prague, Vienna, Vilnius, Warsaw–Modlin, Wroclaw
- Sky Express flies regularly from Athens, Preveza, Thessaloniki.
- SkyUp flies seasonally from Kiev–Boryspil
- Smartwings flies seasonally from Bratislava, Brno, Budapest, Debrecen, Katowice, Ostrava, Poznan, Prague
- Sundair flies seasonally from Dresden
- Swiss International Airlines flies seasonally from Geneva and Zurich
- Transavia flies seasonally from Amsterdam, Paris–Orly, Rotterdam
- TUI Airways flies seasonally from Aberdeen, Basel/Mulhouse, Belfast–International, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Brussels, Cardiff, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Düsseldorf, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Exeter, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Hannover, Leeds/Bradford, London–Gatwick, London–Luton, London–Stansted, Manchester, Munich, Newcastle upon Tyne, Norwich, Nuremberg, Ostend/Bruges, Stuttgart
- Wizzair flies seasonally from Budapest, Dortmund, London–Luton, Milan–Malpensa, Vienna, Warsaw–Chopin
- Volotea flies seasonally from Bordeaux, Genoa, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Palermo, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Venice
- Vueling flies seasonally from Rome-Fiumicino
Public transport consisting of 16 buses lines is planned by Corfu City Bus S.A. Line 15 goes from to the airport to Saroko Square.
- 1 Spianada (The Esplanade). Spianada is the central square and the meeting point of Corfu's residents and visitors. It is built in the style of the Royal Gardens of Europe. At one time it was a firing range for Venetian troops.
- 2 Liston. The Liston is a building complex with long arcades built in 1807 by the French imperial commissioner Mathieu de Lesseps, father of the constructor of the Suez Canal. It is an excellent example of architecture from Napoleonic period, when Corfu was part of the First French Empire. The design was inspired by the Rue de Rivoli in Paris. The Liston runs along the west side of the Spianáda,
- 3 Old Fortress, ☏ , , . Winter: From the 1st of November until the 31 of March 2010: 8:30-15:00. A Byzantine fort rebuilt under Venetian rule. The fortress successfully repulsed Ottoman sieges in 1537, 1571 and 1716. The old Fortress houses the church of St. George, the Public library and the Hellenic Music Research Lab of the Ionian University. It was the location of a scene from the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only, in which the Mercedes of Emile Locque, the evil adversary, gets pushed off a cliff by Bond.
- 4 New Fortress (Greek: Palio Frourio. Italian: Fortezza Nuova). Less impressive, the new fortress was built by the Venetians on the 16th century atop the San Marco Hill. The most significant attractions of the New Fortress are: the British barracks, the underground stoas, water ducts, ammunition storage rooms etc. The Museum of Ceramic Art is housed here. Theatrical performances, exhibitions and concerts are also held on the fortress premises.
- 5 Archaeological Museum, 1, Vraila Str, ☏ . The museum hosts collections of archaeological finds, including the impressive Gorgon pediment from the Temple of Artemis, dating from 585 BC. It is the oldest stone pediment in Greece and is described in the New York times review of the museum as the finest example of Archaic temple sculpture extant. Of particular note is the 'Lion of Menecrates', the work of a Corinthian sculptor of the Archaic period, dated to the end of the 7th century BC
- 6 Museum of Asiatic Art, ☏ , . Opening Hours Tuesday to Sunday: 09:00 – 16:00 (Until the end of March) Monday closed. More than ten thousand objects, from China, Japan, India, Tibet and Southeast Asia. The museum is housed in the former Royal Palace, an imposing three-storied building and a fine example of neoclassical architecture, located at the northern end of the Spianada. Tickets Full: €3, reduced: €2.
- 7 Byzantine Museum, ☏ . A small church dedicated to Our Lady of Antivouniotissa, now housing a collection of Byzantine and post-Byzantine icons.
- 8 [dead link] Municipal Art Gallery (Royal Palace), ☏ . Works by 19th-century Corfiot painters.
- 9 Church of St Spyridon. The church of the patron saint of the island was built in 1589 and has a beautiful ceiling with the 17 gilded panels. The remains of St. Spyridon are held in a silver reliquary.
- 10 Mon Repos Estate, ☏ . Winter: Open every day except Monday: 08.00-15.00. Summer: From April 1st, 2014 the Museum is open everyday from 08.00 to 16.00. Last admission to the Museum is thirty minutes before closing. A neoclassical-style villa which served as a summer residence for the British Lord High Commissioner of the United States of the Ionian Islands, Frederick Adam in the early 19th century. After the union with Greece in 1864, the villa was granted to the Greek Royal Family and renamed Mon Repos. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh was born in Mon Repos on 10 June 1921. The mansion is now home to the Palaiopolis Museum.
- 11 Pontikonisi. A beautiful islet that looks like a miniature and has become the city landmark.
- 12 Achilleion (Αχίλλειον), Achilleio, ☏ . A palace built in Corfu by Empress of Austria Elisabeth of Bavaria, also known as Sissi after a suggestion by Austrian Consul Alexander von Watzberg. Sissi was a woman obsessed with beauty and very powerful but tragically vulnerable since the loss of her only son, Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria in the Mayerling affair in 1889. A year later in 1890 she built a summer palace in the region of Gastouri (Γαστούρι), now the municipality of Achilleion, about ten kilometres to the south of the city of Corfu. The palace was designed with the mythical hero Achilles as its central theme.
The celebration of Greek Easter in Corfu is the most famous in Greece.
Corfu has the oldest major modern Carnival tradition in Greece with a history of over 450 years starting in the early Venetian rule.
- Captains (Captain George's), Nafiskas 35, Kanoni (opposite Corfu Holiday Palace). 12:00-24:00. A traditional, family run taverna. The food is hearty and home-cooked. Vast menu includes traditional Greek favorites like spanakopita, tzadziki, and hummus but also spaghetti and burgers! modest.
- HARMA Cafe Snack Bar, Eleftheriou Benizelou 46, ☏ . A cafe by the port serving sandwiches, deserts. ice cream and drinks. Owners are American. Have free Wi-Fi.
- Maska Taverna, 41, Nafsikas St, Kanoni, ☏ . Traditional & family taverna located in Kanoni are the two main objectives of owners Thanassis & Marianna Vassilas whom bare a long history in restaurants since the grand father of Thanassis was Yiannis Halikias, owner of “Paniperi” the first taverna in Corfu , dating back to 1895.
- Frescamento (On the San Rocco Square downtown Corfu), ☏ . Classic gelato fresh daily, with an excellent range of toppings including local, fresh fruits.
- 1 Atlantis Hotel, 48, "Xenofontos Stratigou" Str, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Bretagne Hotel, 27, Georgaki Str, ☏ , , , fax: . 2-star hotel
- 3 Constantinoupolis Hotel, Zavitsianou Str, ☏ , fax: . 2-star hotel
- 4 Dalia Hotel, National Stadium Square (Garitsa), ☏ .
- 5 Europa Hotel, 10, "P. Gitsiali" Str (Harbour area), ☏ , fax: . 39 A/C rooms
- 6 Hermes Hotel, 14, "Gerasimou Markora" Str (Near the bus station), ☏ , , (Mobile), fax: .
- 7 Ionion Hotel, 46, "Xenofontos Stratigou" Street, ☏ , , fax: . 2-star hotel. 88 rooms
- 8 Phoenix Hotel, 2, "Chrisostomou Smirnis" Str, ☏ , , fax: .
- 9 Ariti Grand Hotel, 40, Nafsikas Str, ☏ , fax: . 4-star hotel
- 10 Arcadion Hotel, 2, Vlasopoulou Str. (Esplanade Sq.), ☏ . 3-star hotel
- 11 Bella Venezia, 4, "Napoleontos Zampeli" Str, ☏ , , fax: .
- 12 City Corfu Marina Hotel (Corfu city hotel) (Corfu City), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. A classic hotel with a modern style.
- 13 Hellinis Hotel, 108, Figareto Str (Kanoni suburb), ☏ , fax: . 3-star hotel. 86 standard, 4 superior rooms fully Air-conditioned. Wi-Fi Wireless Internet, Internet Corner, parking, garden, games room, swimming pool, children's pool, restaurant, lounge bar, poolside bar
- 14 Corfu Palace Hotel, 2, Dimokratias Avenue (near the Archaeological Museum), ☏ , fax: .
- 15 Corfu Holiday Palace, 2, Nafsikas str. (Kanoni Suburb), ☏ , fax: .
- 16 Divani Corfu Palace, 20, Nafsikas Str (Kanoni Suburb), ☏ , fax: .