The Costa Verde, also known as Marina di Arbus, is located in the Province of Medio Campidano, in the south west of Sardinia, and it extends for about 50 km from Portixeddu and Capo Pecora, in the south, to Capo Frasca, in the north.
The Costa Verde lies between the Sea of Sardinia and various hills and mountains, and it includes all the coastline of the municipality of Arbus. In the north, the Costa Verde borders the Gulf of Oristano, in the south it reaches the area of Portixeddu, Fluminimaggiore and Buggerru. The Costa Verde includes several breathtaking beaches such as, from south to north, Portixeddu, Capo Pecora, Scivu, Piscinas, Portu Maga, Gutturu e'Flumini, Funtanazza, Babari, Porto Palma, Torre dei Corsari, Pistis and Capo Frasca.
The beaches of Costa Verde (Marina di Arbus) can be reached by the town of Arbus, where hotels, bed & breakfast, restaurants and shops can be found.
How to reach Arbus:
By train: It is possible to get a train to S. Gavino from any of the main railway stations of Sardinia (such as Cagliari, Oristano, Sassari, Olbia). Get off at S. Gavino. From S.Gavino, take a bus to Arbus.
By bus: If you are travelling from Cagliari or from Oristano, you can take a bus to Arbus. In Cagliari, the bus station is located next to the railway station, in piazza Matteotti (the big square between via Roma and the harbour area). The bus company which gets to Arbus and to the neighbouring cities is called ARST.
- If you are travelling from Olbia, take the SS 131 D.C.N., take the SS 131 (heading towards Cagliari) onto the exit Marrubiu-Terralba, then take the SS 126 onto Arbus.
- If you are travelling from Cagliari, take the way SS 131 (heading toward Sassari) until km 46, then choose the exit Sanluri-Guspini-Arbus. Take the SS 197 (heading towards Guspini). When in Guspini, take the SS 126 to Arbus.
- If you are travelling from Porto Torres-Alghero or Oristano, take the SS 131 (heading towards Cagliari) and continue onto the exit Marrubiu-Terralba. Then, take the SS 126 onto Arbus.
- Portixeddu and Capo Pecora (33 km from Arbus)
- Scivu (27 km)
- Piscinas (22 km)
- Gutturu Flumini (24 km from)
- Funtanazza (24 km)
- Porto Palma (31 km)
- Torre dei Corsari (33 km)
- Pistis (41 km from Arbus, 35 km from Oristano, 20 km from the train station of Marrubiu-Terralba-Arborea in Marrubiu)
Pistis is a small village by the sea on the Costa Verde with a long beach, which goes from Pistis to Torre dei Corsari. When you arrive from Oristano, you'll notice the beach starts with a rocky part, which has several little coves where if you're lucky or you arrive early you can enjoy the sun with some privacy. If you follow the coastline for about 400 metres, you can leave your car in the parking lot (for a small fee during the high season). The sandy beach starts from here and it is about one kilometre long, even on crowded days, if you keep walking you'll certainly find your own quiet spot where to relax. The scenery in quite lovely with the dunes at the back and the sandy and golden beach. The Costa Verde has been awarded the 5 flags of Legambiente many times, this certifies its unspoilt and unpolluted nature.
- On windy days, part of the beach can get quite wavy, enough to allow you to pull out your surfboard and try it here.
In Arbus, like in other cities in Sardinia, there is an artisan production of knives. In Arbus you can get the arburesa
- 1 Restaurant Maestrale (Bar Ristorante Maestrale), Marina di Gutturu e Flumini (From Arbus go through Montevecchio towards Gutturu 'e Flumini following "Costa Verde" signs), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:30 - 22:30. This Restaurant is good for eating fish based meals: every morning local fishman take fishes to that restaurant
House in Pistis - privately owned apartment with three doubles (sleeps 6). Prices starting from 300 € per week for the whole apartment all inclusive. http://casamarepistis.blogspot.it/
- 1 B&B Maestrale (Bed & Breakfast Maestrale), Gutturu 'e Flumini (From Arbus go through Montevecchio towards Gutturu 'e Flumini following "Costa Verde" signs), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 17:00, check-out: 10:30. B&B located less than 150 meters from Gutturu 'e Flumini Beach, it has 3 double rooms that can be converted to twin rooms. € 65.