Towns and villages
- 1 Cookstown (An Chorr Chríochach) - Famous for its long and wide main street and the scenic Sperrin mountains
- 2 Dungannon (Dún Geanainn, "Geanann's stronghold") - and The Argory an atmospheric Irish gentry house
- 3 Omagh (An Ómaigh, "the virgin plain") - nearby is the Ulster American Folk Park
- 4 Strabane (An Srath Bán, "the white strath") - where John Dunlap (printer of the United States Declaration of Independence) learnt the printing trade.
- 5 Coalisland (Oileán an Ghuail)
- 6 Augher (Eochair, "edge/border")
- 7 Castlederg (Caisleán na Deirge, "castle on the Derg")
- 8 Gortin (an Goirtín, "the small enclosed field")
- 9 Newtownstewart
- 10 Pomeroy (Cabhán a' Chaorthainn)
- 11 Sion Mills (Muileann an tSiáin)
- 12 Ardboe (Ard Bó, "height of the cows")
Car is the most convenient but there are some [http://www.translink.co.uk/ Ulterbus services covering the area.