Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cranbrook is a town in Kent.
Cranbrook is a small town in the Weald of Kent. Cranbrook has been a market town since 1289, and has a population of just over 7000.
Cranbrook is just off the A229 road between Maidstone and Hastings.
Arriva bus route 5 runs from Maidstone and Staplehurst (the nearest railway station).
- 1 Union Windmill, Russell's Yard, TN17 3AH. Apr-Sep: Sa and some other days 2:30-5PM. 72-ft high windmill built in 1814. free, donation requested.
- 2 Cranbrook Museum, Carriers Road, TN17 3JX. Apr-Oct: Tu-Sa 2-4:30PM. Local history and birds in a 15th century house. free.
- 3 St Dunstan's Church (corner of High Street/Stone Street), ☏ +44 1580 715861. Substantial church built in the Middle Ages.
- 4 War Memorial. War memorial with a 1917 German Howitzer Gun nearby which was presented to the Parish of Cranbrook in recognition of their efforts during the 1914-18 war.
- 5 Sissinghurst Castle, Biddenden Road, near Cranbrook, TN17 2AB (3 miles north east of Cranbrook), ☏ +44 1580 710700, email@example.com.
- 1 [dead link] Apicius, 23 Stone St. Three-course dinner £40.
- 1 White Horse pub, Carriers Road, ☏ +44 1580 720727.
- 2 The Milk House, The Street, Sissinghurst TN17 2JG (On A262), ☏ +44 1580 720200. Su-Th 09:00-23:00, F Sa 09:00-00:00. Gastropub, pricey but great food. Also has rooms, B&B double £120.
- 1 George Hotel, Stone Street, ☏ +44 1580 713348.
- South to Robertsbridge
- West to Wadhurst, Mayfield and Tunbridge Wells
- North to Maidstone
- East to Tenterden and Ashford