- 1 Bridgeton — The county seat, located on the Cohansey River
- 2 Millville — a town known as a center for glass and manufacturing
- 3 Vineland — home to the Palace of Depression, a building made of junk
Cumberland is a low-lying, generally featureless coastal county, with many salt marshes near the Delaware Bay.
Cumberland is served only by state and county routes. Major county routes that pass through include County Route 540, County Route 548 (only in Maurice River Township), County Route 550, County Route 552, County Route 553 and County Route 555.
State routes include Route 47, Route 49, Route 55, Route 56, Route 77 and Route 347.
Route 55 is the only limited access road in the county which provides access to I-76, Interstate 295, and the Philadelphia area to the north.
There are two wineries in the county:
- Southwind Vineyard & Winery, in Deerfield Township
- Swansea Vineyards, in Shiloh