Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East Midlands > Northamptonshire > DaventryJump to navigation Jump to search
Daventry is in Northamptonshire.
As well as the Market Place and Churches
- 1 Burton Memorial. Tall gothic memorial erected in 1908.
- 2 Moot Hall.
- 3 Daventry Museum, 3 New street. Volunteer run local museum.
- 4 Canons Ashby House (11 miles south of Daventry). Tudor manor house set in rare terraced gardens, managed by the National Trust.
- 5 Borough Hill Roman villa. Borough Hill Roman villa is located on the north tip of Borough Hill, a prominent hill near the town. The villa’s remains lie within the ramparts of an Iron Age fortress which covers the summit of the hill. The remains of the Roman villa were discovered in 1823 and were in 1852.
- 6 Holy Cross Church. Holy Cross was built between 1752 and 1758 by William Hiorne and his brother David, who were architects and builders based in Warwick. It was built at a cost of £3,468 raised by public subscription, to replace the previous church at the site which had decayed. The design of the church was said to have been modelled on St Giles in the Fields in London. It is constructed of the local ironstone.
- There are Aldi, Waitrose and Tesco supermarkets in the town centre.
- 1 Daventry Country Park.
|Routes through Daventry|
|Leicester ← Rugby ←||N S||→ Northampton → London|
|Rugby ←||NW SE||→ Towcester → Milton Keynes|
|Coventry ← Rugby ←||NW SE||→ merges with|