Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East Midlands > Northamptonshire > TowcesterJump to navigation Jump to search
Towcester is a town in Northamptonshire.
Travellers should note that the town's name is pronounced "Toaster".
- 1 St Lawrence's Church.
- Old town hall.
- 2 Stoke Bruerne Canal Museum. and the Grand Union Canal, including Blisworth Tunnel
- 3 Bury Mount. remains of an earthwork motte and baileycastle.
- 4 Towcester Museum, 163-165 Watling St.
- Towcester racecourse has closed. It held National Hunt races (jumps, in winter) from 1928 to 2018 but then went bust, and in 2019 it was announced that it won't be re-opening.
- A Waitrose supermarket is near the town centre, Tesco and Aldi are on Watling Street at the northern edge of town.
- Silverstone is 4 miles south - you could walk but you probably have a car if your are going to the famous motor racing track.
- Northampton is 10 miles north.
|Routes through Towcester|
|Rugby ← Daventry ←||NW SE||→ Milton Keynes → London|
|Oxford and ← Silverstone ←||SW NE||→ Northampton and|