Delafield, Wisconsin is among the tranquil water and rolling hills of Waukesha County’s “Lake Country," between Milwaukee and Madison. It's a launching point for fishing and boating on the lakes, golfing, and miles of hiking and biking trails. Experience theatre under the stars, art walks, and music festivals are just a few ways to enjoy Delafield. Of course, there's a fine selection of dining and one-of-a-kind shopping too! Smiles await you in Delafield.
The heart of Delafield is its historic downtown with one-of-a-kind boutiques and restaurants. A short drive down Milwaukee Street, you’ll come upon the bustling commercial center, with a mix of local and chain restaurants and shopping.
Delafield is off I-94 between Milwaukee and Madison in Waukesha County. There are two exits off the interstate I-94 for Delafield: the Hwy C exit will lead you to historic downtown Delafield, and the Hwy 83 exit will lead you to the commercial shopping district of Delafield. The north side of Delafield's commercial shopping center is located on the corners of Hwy 16 and Hwy 83.
- Hawks Inn Historical Museum and Visitors Center Tours (Hawks Inn), 426 Wells St, ☏ . 1-4PM. A historical inn that provides an excellent example of an early stagecoach stop.
- Lake Nagawicka (Lake Nagawicka) (Take I-94 to Hwy. 83, north 1/2 mile on Hwy. 83, left on Mariner Drive to launch.), toll-free: . Nagawicka Lake offers fishing, boating and sailing.
- [dead link] Glacial Drumlin State Trail, W329N848 County Road, ☏ . Developed in 1986, the Glacial Drumlin State Trail is one of Wisconsin's best bicycle trails. Starting in Cottage Grove, the 52-mile trail goes east to connect with other trails in the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha, WI. The trail is open cyclists, walkers, joggers and roller-bladers.
- [dead link] Lake Country Recreation Trail, Genesee St. The 8-mile Lake Country Recreation Trail is on the former Milwaukee - Watertown Interurban Railway. The trail stretches between the Landsberg Center trailhead and Cushing Park in the City of Delafield.
- Footprints, 2728 Heritage Dr, ☏ .
- Lumber Inn, 617 Wells St, ☏ . Daytime restaurant serving homemade breakfast and lunch with many homemade desserts.
- Great Harvest, 603 Genesee St, ☏ .
- Zin Uncommon California Italian Restaurant, 629 Main St, ☏ . Zin Uncommon California Italian Restaurant provides a unique Italian menu with extraordinary flavors. Dine in the main floor dining area, an outdoor patio or the popular Boom Boom Room lounge.
- Fishbones Cajun & Creole Restaurant, 1704 Milwaukee St, ☏ . A wide selection of appetizers, an extensive dinner menu festive décor and great music; its like Mardi Gras!
- Kurt's Steak House, 22 W Main St, ☏ .
- Bennolli's Hand-Made Pizza, 615 Main St, ☏ . A family-owned restaurant that offers pizza, wings, sandwiches, salads and dessert. Hand-tossed dough made from scratch, topped with fresh ingredients. Carryout, delivery, dine-in or take & bake.
- Revere's Wells Street Tavern, 505 Wells St, ☏ .
- Delafield Brewhaus, 3832 Hillside Dr, ☏ .
- Water Street Brewery Lake Country, 3191 Golf Rd, ☏ .
- Milwaukee Street Traders, 523 Milwaukee St, ☏ . Quaint coffee shop offering more than just a cup of coffee. Offering great homemade soups and sandwiches made to order and 12 flavors of all natural gelato. Relax and read, use the wireless!
- Twist 'n Olive, 2730 Hillside Dr, ☏ .
- The Delafield Hotel, 415 Genesee St, ☏ . Elegance and old-world charm, the Delafield Hotel is a full-service boutique destination for weddings, business meetings, and romantic getaways.
- Holiday Inn Express, 3030 Golf Rd, ☏ . Free breakfast bar serves cinnamon rolls, coffee, and other breakfast favorites.
- La Quinta Inns, 2801 Hillside Dr, ☏ .
- Country Pride Inn, 2412 Milwaukee St, ☏ .
Delafield Area Chamber of Commerce / Promotional and Tourism Council, call 888-294-1082 or visit http://www.visitdelafield.org
|Routes through Delafield|
|Madison ← Johnson Creek ←||W E||→ Waukesha → Milwaukee|