Delano Municipal Airport is a public general aviation airport. AV gas is available and hangers or tiedowns can be rented. +1 661 721-2602.
Delano Area Rapid Transit (DART) is the local bus system. Three lines run from 6:30AM-5:30PM M-F and from 9AM-4:40PM on Saturdays and select holidays. +1 661 721-3333.
- 1 The Forty Acres. The Forty Acres, a Federally landmarked complex which includes a Mission-style union hall, a clinic and a retirement village, was the first headquarters of the United Farm Workers, which was led by Cesar Chavez and did groundbreaking work that helped to improve the working conditions of the laborers in California's numerous fields.
- Delano Golf Course, 104 S Lexington St., ☏ . 9-hole, par 32 golf course with a driving range. $18 to $20.
- Chui King, 1021 Cecil Ave., ☏ . Chinese food
- Kong's Dynasty2200 Girard St., ☏ .
- El Charro Mexican Food, 1131 Main St., ☏ .
- El Mazatlan Restaurant, 1130 High St., ☏ .
- El Palmar Restaurant, 1127 Main St., ☏ .
- Jugos Y Liquados La Michoacana, 1209 Jefferson St., ☏ .
- La Perla Tapatia, 1230 High St., ☏ .
- Los Cantaritos Grill & Mexican, 1004 High St., ☏ .
- Taqueria Tampico, 725 Main St., ☏ .
- Domino's Pizza, 1609 Cecil Ave., ☏ . A local franchise location of the national Domino's chain.
- L R's Pizza, 707 High St., ☏ .
- Little Caesars Pizza, 921 Cecil Ave, ☏ . A local franchise location of the national Little Caesar's chain.
- Mack's Pizza Shack, 1625 Cecil Ave, ☏ .
- Pizza Hut, 633 Cecil Ave, ☏ . A local franchise location of the national Pizza Hut chain.
- Rocky's Pizza Restaurant, 1605 Inyo St., ☏ .
- Tony's Pizza Parlor, 1806 Cecil Ave., ☏ .
- Pioneer Restaurant, 700 Woollomes Ave., ☏ .
- Carlo's Place, 710 High St, ☏ .
- Cuckoo Inn, 707 12th Ave, ☏ .
- El Rancho Grande, 720 Fremont St, ☏ .
- Best Western Liberty Inn, 14394 County Line Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- Americas Best Value Inn, 2231 Girard St, ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Pets welcome. Outdoor pool and heated spa. Free continental breakfast. $59-$69.
- Hal-Mar Inn, 320 High St, ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Holiday Inn Express, 2222 Girard St., ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. No pets. Outdoor pool. $80-$116.
- Rodeway Inn, 2211 Girard St., ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. AAA Rated 2 diamonds. Pets accepted. Free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms. Free continental breakfast, free USA Today, free local calls and a seasonal outdoor pool $64.96-$95.99.
- Travel Inn, 405 Cecil Ave., ☏ .
Dial 911 toll free from any phone for emergency service.
Note that dialing 911 from a cell phone will connect you with the California Highway Patrol, not the local emergency dispatcher.
Delano is near two California State Prisons. Do not pick up any hitchhikers in the area!
Fire and emergency medical service in Delano is provided by the Kern County Fire Department. There are two fire stations in Delano.
- Fire Station #34 - 1001 Twelfth Ave. +1 661 725-1000
- Fire Station #37 - 132 West Eleventh Ave. +1 661 725-2222
Law enforcement in Delano is provided by the Delano Police Department. 1022 12th Ave. +1 661 721-3377. Fax: +1 661 725-0631.
- Delano Regional Medical Center, 1401 Garces Highway, ☏ . 7 days/24 Hours. Delano RMC has a 24 hour a day emergency room that can handle minor medical needs. In cases where major medical intervention is needed, DRMC can stabilize and transport patients to Fresno.
|Routes through Delano|
|Fresno ← Pixley ←||N S||→ McFarland → Bakersfield|