Pixley is a city in Tulare County.
- 1 Pixley National Wildlife Refuge (from SR-99 take exit 56 5.7 miles west), ☏ . This wildlife refuge is the winter home to up to six thousand sandhill cranes from September to March, with numbers peaking in January. The refuge's habitat also supports a variety of raptors and waterbirds, accessible via a single 1.5 mile loop trail that leads to an overlook of the wetlands. Visitors hoping to see cranes should use their ears as much as their eyes - the cranes have a distinctive call, and will often be found outside of the refuge in nearby fields during daylight hours.
- Pixley Vernal Pools, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 40 acres containing one of the last remaining sections of seasonal wetlands in the San Joaquin Valley. Open year-round to the general public. Contact Greg Warrick, the Preserve Manager, for access.
- Billar Y Restaurant, 500 S. Main St., ☏ .
- 1 Burger Planet, 655 E. Terra Bella Ave., ☏ .
- Carmen Restaurants #2, 109 N. Main St., ☏ .
- 2 Three Brothers Drive-In, 1187 N. Park Dr., ☏ .
- 1 American Motel, 255 W. Terra Bella Ave, ☏ .
Dial 911 for any emergency
Law enforcement is handled by the Tulare County Sheriff's Department from the Pixley Substation. 161 North Pine Street. +1 559 757-3526.
Fire and Emergency Medical Service is provided by the Tulare County Fire Department from the Pixley station. 200 North Park Drive. +1 559 757-3025.
- Porterville - 99 North to 190 East. About 35 minutes away.
- Lake Isabella - 99 South to 155 East. About 2 hours away.
- Bakersfield - 99 South. About 45 minutes away.
- Fresno - 99 North. About 1 hour away.
|Routes through Pixley|
|Fresno ← Tulare ←||N S||→ Delano → Bakersfield|