Delémont is city of 13,000 people (2018), and the capital of canton of Jura in the Western Switzerland. Along with the neighbouring villages Delémont has the distinction of being a French speaking city between Swiss German speaking canton Berne and Alsatian speaking Alsace and Basel.
From the 1 station of Delémont there are a couple of hourly trains in different directions:
- Two connections to Biel (30 min)
- Two connections to Basel one faster ICN (30 min) and one slower S3 (40 minutes), which goes on to Liestal (1 hr 5 min) and Olten (1 hr 30 min).
- Two connections to Saint-Ursanne (15 min)
- 1 Prince-Bishops' Castle (Château de Delémont). This castle from the 18th century serves as a primary school.
- 2 Musée jurassien d'art et d'histoire, 52, rue du 23-Juin, ☏ , email@example.com. Tu-F 14:00-17:00, Sa Su 11:00-18:00. Art and history museum. Has a permanent exhibition on the canton and region of Jura. Fr. 6/4.
- 1 Wenger factory, Route de Bâle 63, ☏ . For individuals: first W of the month, 14:00, for groups of 6 or more, any weekday. On reservation only. This is were the original Swiss army knife is produced. This is one of two factories in Switzerland producing Swiss army knives, but since a merger in 2005, both belong to the same company: Victorinox, which can be visited in Brunnen. Free.
- 1 Le bleu lezard, rue des Moulins 28, ☏ . M-Th 09:00-22:00, F Sa 09:00-23:00, Su 12:00-22:00. A good option for a fast meal on a budget. Fr. 14 for weekday lunch set meal, from Fr. 16 for mains, cheaper for small bites.
Most of the bars that are crowded in the evening can be found at the crossing of "Rue du 23 juin" and "Rue de la préfecture".
- Le Sas. W small alternative nightclub that can be found in the square in front of the castle.
- Le Bus. A nightclub that plays RnB and House music.
- 1 Chez nanou, Pécas 53 B, CH – 2864 Soulce, ☏ .
- 2 Youth hostel, Route de Bâle 185, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Dorm from Fr. 31.
- Take a short train ride to nearby Saint-Ursanne, a village with a picturesque medieval old town.