Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 [formerly dead link] IAT Desenzano del Garda (Tourist information), Via Porto Vecchio 34, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Nov-May M, Tu, Th 10.00-13.00, 14.00-18.00, W 10.00-12.30, 14.00-17.00, F 10.00-13.00, 14.00-17.00, Sa 9.30-12.30.
- 2 Stazione di Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione, Piazza Einaudi 10.
- 3 Ferry pier. Desenzano is one of the main ferry hubs on the lake. There are connections from there to many destinations at the shores of the lake.
The town centre is small enough to explore on foot. If your accommodation is out of the centre then take a local bus to get there.
- Urban buses. There are 3 local bus lines in the town plus in season there is yet another one which runs only on Sundays. Single €1.
- Trenino turistico. In season a tourist "train" (a tractor with a trailer) meanders through the town. €4.
- 1 Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena (Duomo). A Baroque church with Last Supper fresco by Gian Battista Tiepolo.
- 2 Villa Romana, Via Crocefisso, 22, ☏ . Mar-Oct Tu-Su 8.30-19.30; Nov-Feb Tu-Sa 8.30-16.30, Su 8.30-14.00. Some modest remains of a Roman villa with mosaics, excavated in 1921. €4.
- 3 Castello (Castle), Via Fosse Castello. €3.
- 4 [formerly dead link] Museo Archeologico "Giovanni Rambotti" (Giovanni Rambotti Museum), Via Anelli 42 (Chiostro di Santa Maria de Senioribus), ☏ . Tu-W 9.00 - 13.00; Th-F 15.00 - 19.00; Sa, Su 14.30 - 19.00. It shows the many finds, which were found in the peat bog of Polada lying between Desenzano and Lonato and in the territory Lavagnone. It was a prehistoric lake-dwelling, which was located 5 kilometers from the center today. The museum shows among the many finds also a plow made of oak from the southern Alpine Bronze Age (about 2200 BC).
- 1 Rocca di Lonato del Garda (Lonato del Garda), ☏ . Jul-Aug Sa-Su 10.00-12.00, 14.30-18.30. 15th century castle with a nice natural garden and ornithological museum. A visit to the castle can be additionally combined with Casa del Podestà (House of the Podestà)
- Sirmione – to see the castle (Castello Scaligeri) and the ruins of the Roman villa (Grotte di Catullo).