Parking at peak times can be difficult so the train is a good option.
- 1 Vale of Rheidol Railway (Rheilffordd Dyffryn Rheidol), SY23 3JL, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Narrow gauge steam railway run by a charitable trust. The line climbs up the beautiful Rheidol Valley to Devils Bridge (Pontarfynach) from Aberystwyth, taking about an hour in each direction.
The A4120 runs through the village, which can be reached from the A44 between Llangurig and Aberystwyth at Ponterwyd, or the A487 just south of Aberystwyth.
Basically a one-street town, with a short walk along narrow main road between the rail station and the falls.
- 1 Devils Bridge Waterfall (located adjacent to the three bridges). Welsh folklore says that one of the bridges was built by the Devil for an old lady. Take care on the steep steps as they can be slippery due to the spray and moss. Long decent and climb, walking shoes recommended, but well worth it for the spectacular falls in the tree-lined ravine.
- 2 Hafod Estate (Hafod Uchtryd) (parking with information board just past Hafod Church). Remains of landscaped estate in the wooded Ystwyth valley, with some excellent walks. Map and guide at the parking spot with honesty box for purchase or return at end of the walk. Church is also worth a visit for local history information.
- 3 Cwmystwyth Mines. This is considered the most important non-ferrous metal mining site in Wales. A site since the Bronze Age, ruins from 19th and 20th centuries can still be seen.
Close to the falls and bridge, attached to the hotel, is a small cafe and tearoom which serves light refreshments. The hotel also has a small restaurant.
- 1 Hafod Hotel, Devil's Bridge, Aberystwyth, SY23 3JL, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A historic hotel that was built as a hunting lodge in 1700s, overlooking the Devil's Bridge Falls. Offers accommodation, tea rooms, restaurant and bar for guests, visitors and locals. The restaurant and bar has been refurbished (rooms to follow soon), and the new owners are providing and updated menu offering.
- 2 Woodlands Caravan Park, ☏ .