Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dinas Mawddwy is a village in Gwynedd.
- 1 Maesglase. 676 m mountain
- Take the unclassified road from the village centre to Llanuwchllyn, at the southern end of Bala Lake, across Bwlch y Groes, the highest road in Wales.
- The Bwlch yr Oerddrws pass to the west, which carries the A470 towards Dolgellau is a popular location for photographers trying to catch spectacular shots of low-flying military jets.
- 1 Meirion Mill (Right next to the A470), ☏ . Well known outlet for woollen items and other traditional goods.
- Red Lion Hotel (Gwesty'r Llew Coch), ☏ . The oldest building in the village, dating back to the 12th Century. Real ales and traditional food. Rooms available.
- The Buckley Arms (Buckley Pines Hotel), ☏ . Built in 1873, this is said to be the oldest reinforced-concrete building in Europe. This may bring to mind images of grim 1960s shopping centres or tower blocks, but the reality could not be more different as the building resembles many other Welsh country house hotels.
- Celyn Brithion Caravan and Camping Site, ☏ .