Jump to navigation Jump to search
It had a population of 1,616. The town is built upon the site of an old Roman fort. Llanfair is most famous for being a terminus of the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway.
- On the A458 9 miles west of Welshpool.
- Owen's travel operates the 89 and 87 buses from Welshpool and the 84 from Newport, but they are not very regular services.
- The Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway.
- 1 Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway, SY21 0SF, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 2 ft 6 in (762 mm) narrow gauge heritage railway. The line is around 8.5 miles (13.7 km) long and runs between the town of Welshpool via Castle Caereinion and the village of Llanfair Caereinion.
- 1 Madog's Wells (Ffynhononau Madog), Madog's Wells (2.3 miles from Llanfair Caereinion off the B4389.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Three self-catering cottages. £110 - £558 per week.
- 2 The Goat Hotel, High St,, ☏ .