Welshpool is at the cross-roads of the A483 (north/south) and the A458 (east/west). The A458 connects to the UK Motorway network at the M54 near Shrewsbury
- 2 Mid Wales Airport (ICAO:EGCW or Welshpool Airport) (just to the south of the town). Light aircraft.
The Montgomery Canal passes through the town. A few miles either side of the town are navigable, but restoration work continues on the rest of the canal.
- 1 Powysland Museum (Y Lanfa), The Wharf, SY21 7AQ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M 10AM-12:30PM, Tu 2-4PM, F Sa 10AM-12:30PM. Local museum focusing on archaeology and social/agricultural history. It's housed in a warehouse by Montgomery Canal. Free.
- 2 Powis Castle and Garden, SY21 8RF (a short distance out of town on the Newtown road), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Medieval fortress turned grand manor house, now in the care of the National Trust. The castle has a large collection of important paintings and furniture, as well as numerous treasures from India in the Clive Museum. The extensive gardens look much as intended when they were laid out in the 1770s are an attraction in their own right.
- 1 Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway, Raven Square Station, SY21 7LT, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. This steam-hauled, narrow gauge railway links Welshpool with the village of Llanfair Caereinion, 8.5 miles away.
- The Offa's Dyke Path national walking trail passes through the town. This is a long distance walking trail following the length of the England/Wales border from Prestatyn to Chepstow
- 2 Llanymynech Golf Club, Pant. Former US Master's Winner and Ryder Cup Captain Ian Woosnam learnt his game here. This course also holds the distinction that it is the only course in the world in two countries, it has 15 holes in Wales and 3 in Shropshire, England.
- 1 The Old Station, Severn Road, SY21 7AY (Follow signs to the station from the town centre), ☏ , fax: . When the railway line was moved to accommodate a new bypass road in the early 1990s, the historic station building was left redundant. Now it has been turned into a mini department store, with gifts, clothes, woollens, golf equipment and a coffee shop and restaurant.
- 2 Coed y Dinas, SY21 8SA (about a mile out of town on the Newtown road), ☏ . M-Sa 8:30AM-5:30PM, Su 10AM-4PM. Sprawling retail mecca in converted Victorian farm buildings. Garden Centre, equestrian store, pet shop, food hall, furniture outlet, kitchenware. Part of the same group as Cheap Charlies, whose shops in Aberystwyth and Newtown have been popular with local bargain hunters for years.
- 1 Tynllwyn Farm Bed & Breakfast (Gwely a Brcwast Fferm Tynllwyn), Tynllwyn Farm, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 * large farmhouse.
- 2 Tan Y Graig Bed & Breakfast (Gwely a Brecwast Tan y Graig), Tan Y Graig, Meifod, SY22 6BP (Tan y Graig is situated 1.5 miles north of the village of Meifod and 8 miles west of Welshpool.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 4 *
- Rhyd-y-groes touring caravan & camping park, Rhyd-Y-Groes Caravan & Camping Park, Marton (18 miles from Shrewsbury, 3 miles from Montgomery, 5 miles from Welshpool), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 * touring caravan and camping park; Offas Dyke: 1/2 mile