Offa is a city in the Kwara (south-western part) of Nigeria. It was founded in 1395 by Olalomi olofa-gan gan. There are about 120,100 inhabitants. The vegetation in Offa is savanna vegetation and the town is noted for its weaving and dyeing trade, farming and also rearing of livestock.
Bus pack or garage where Offa can be taken is mostly found in Ilorin.
From Ilorin down to Offa costs ₦500, while from Lagos to Offa costs ₦4,500.
From Ilorin to Offa by train takes 52 minutes and only costs US$21.
Also Offa can be gotten to by taxi. It takes 52 minutes to get to Offa by taxi and costs US$18-22.
- Palace of Olofa of Offa: Ajasse Road.
- Offa Central Mosque: Ajasse Ipo-offa Road.
- Federal Polytechnic Offa, Ikirun Ojoku Road. Federal Polytechnic Offa is a Polytechnic located in Offa, Kwara sate north central Nigeria. The institution is managed by the federal Republic of Nigeria. The school has no religious or cultural affiliations and there for admits students irrespective of their social backgrounds. Admission into this school is moderately competitive. We don't have sufficient information on how large the student body is, we however believe it will be relatively large compared to other polytechnics.
- Irepodun Supermarket In-store and shopping. Adele Rd.
- Onyejekwe Augustine Store In-store and shopping. Okin FM, behind Amigun house, Ariwo. ☏
- Edwin Abraham store beside Liberation Church, Opposite Federal polytechnic Offa. ☏
- Chicken Chilleys: Ajasse Ipo-offa Rd. M-Sa 8PM-9PM
- Captain Cook: Offa Rd. M-Sa 8PM-9PM
- Azolas wine bar: Offa Rd. M-Sa 9AM-5PM.
- Harmony cool spot (Bar): Community school, Area, Ijagbo.
- Avalon Hotel: Salaudeen Adetoyi avenue near Federal Polytechnic Offa. ☏
- Adlag hotel: Osogbo road, opposite Federal Polytechnic Offa gate.
☏A room is from ₦8,000.
- Offa Central Hotel: Offa Railway Station.
For most locations in Offa, you would most likely find coverage of the 2G/3G/4G mobile networks. Signal strength might diminish further away from the town center, and you might occasionally experience network outage for all or some of the mobile phone service providers in the remote areas of the town. Different networks tend to be more stable and reliable in different locations of the town at different times.
MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel (Zain) and GLO are all available service providers. So if you are planning a visit to Offa, like you would do for many other places in Nigeria, you should probably consider having multiple SIM cards, preferably for all the mobile service providers, since you can't tell which will be more stable and reliable at a time in your location during your visit. And if you will risk not having any of them, you might be better off not risking the MTN network, because, from indications, it seem to perform well than the others, though its rates may be high and its offers and services might be stringent, but you are less likely to be concerned of erratic voice and data connection compared to others.
Airtel is another service provider which is fairly satisfactory for all you might need to connect to the world, including rates and network reliability. Of course, Glo (or Globacom) boasts of fast network speed for internet browsing activities, only that you might not be able to enjoy the privilege in some locations. And 9Mobile (formerly Etisalat) usually also performs well in internet browsing speed too but with locational limitations as well, plus data rate is fairly higher.