Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Dodge Mining Camp Cabin, 205 E Fountain St (between Union and Linn Sts), ☏ . Open by appointment. A cabin built for lead miners in 1827, and the oldest standing structure in Iowa County.
- 2 Floyd School, E Leffler St at Bequette St (behind the Historical Society Museum), ☏ . Jun-Sep: Su 1PM-4PM; also by apppointment. One-room schoolhouse built in 1886 that was in use until 1961. The school was originally located on Floyd Road (about halfway between Dodgeville and Spring Green) and was moved to the historical society grounds in 2008.
- 3 Iowa County Courthouse, 222 N Iowa St (at Chapel St), ☏ . The courthouse was constructed in 1859 and is the oldest continuously active courthouse in Wisconsin.
- 4 Iowa County Historical Society Museum, 1301 N Bequette St (at Leffler St), ☏ . M-F 1PM-4PM. A small history museum with artifacts from Iowa County's past. They also manage the Floyd School and the Dodge Mining Camp Cabin, listed above.
- 5 Slag Furnace, E Spring St, east of Vincent St. An outdoor stone furnace built in 1876 and operated only until 1890, used to re-melt slag (a by-product of iron smelting) to extract more iron.
- 1 Bob's Bitchin' BBQ, 233 N Iowa St (at Chapel St), ☏ . Tu-Th 11AM-8PM, F-Sa 11AM-9PM, Su 11AM-7PM. Barbeque restaurant operated by the eponymous barbeque sauce company.
- 2 Cook's Room Cafe, 138 N Iowa St (between Division and Merrimac Sts), ☏ . M-F 7:30AM-4PM, Sa 8:30AM-3PM. Cafe and espresso bar.
- 1 Best Western Quiet House & Suites, 1130 N Johns St (at Dodgeville Expy), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Indoor/outdoor pool, high speed internet, free breakfast available. Pets allowed.
|Routes through Dodgeville|
|Prairie du Chien ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Verona → Madison|
|Dubuque ← Platteville ←||SW NE||→ Verona → Madison|