Jump to navigation Jump to search
The population is mainly the indigenous Amis people. The original name of the area is Fafukod (馬武窟), which means "fishing by net" in the Ami language.
- 1 Dulan Mountain (都蘭山). Dulan mountain is a mountian in the region that is 3,900 feet at its peak.
- 2 Dulan Site (都蘭遺址), Yuanshan Industry Road. An archaeological site excavated during the Japanese rule of Taiwan.
- 3 Sintung Sugar Factory Culture Park (新東糖廠文化園區), ☏ . The culture park used to be a private sugar refinery operating in the region which was built during the Japanese rule of Taiwan. The refinery was destroyed during the Second World War and after it was closed, a group of art workers moved in and revived the building with the help of Taitung County Government. The culture park consists of bed and breakfast, handicraft shop, coffee house etc.
- Surf - Some hostels offers surfing courses.
- 1 Chintsun Recreation Area (金樽遊憩區), ☏ . An area of protected parkland by the sea.
- 2 Dengxian Bridge Recreation Area (登仙橋遊憩區). A rest area which is common for people who come to feed the monkeys that live in the area.
- 1 Donghe Bun Shop (東河包子), ☏ . 06:00-19:00. A popular local shop selling steamed buns.
- 2 I'm Playing (我在玩-玩冰箱), ☏ . 08:00-18:00. Specialises in brunch.
- 3 Dulan Cape Café (都蘭海角咖啡), ☏ . 11:00-18:00. A cafe serving western-style cuisine overlooking the sea.
- 4 Marinos Kitchen (馬利諾廚房), ☏ . 09:30-18:30. A western-style bakery along the main highway.
- 1 Coffee Box Dulan (都蘭咖啡車廂), No. 1, Qianqiao Industry Road, ☏ . A quaint little cafe housed inside a repurposed train car.
- 1 Sea Art Hostel (Mother Land), Dulan Village, Donghe (take Highway 11 to water running up hill attraction, take the road west up the road, then call or check the website to get further directions), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. This hostel, lost in the mountains (5 km from Dulan center), is the perfect location for those who wants to escape crowed cities and experience nature. Double: NT$1,000-1,400.
- 2 Donghe Surf Shop & Hostel (台東東河民宿), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers surfing lessons. Dorm: NT$400-700, Double: NT$1,200-2,200.
- 3 East of Taiwan Surf Hotel (Low Pressure Surf), 99 Nan dong He, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Surf lessons available. Double: NT$1,500-3,400.
- 4 Jinzun Surf House (金樽衝浪小屋), ☏ .