North America > United States of America > Midwest > Ohio > Northeast Ohio > Wooster area > Doylestown (Ohio)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Located on the northeastern most corner of Wayne County, Doylestown is centrally located between the region's major metro areas.
- Route 21 - Runs along the eastern border of Doylestown and connects the town to Akron and Cleveland to the north and Massillon and Canton to the south.
- Route 585 - Originates along the northern border of the town and connects to Wooster in the southwest.
Drive, bike, or walk
- 1 “Doughboy” statute. in the center of town, the statue commemorates those who served in World War I.
- Chippewa Memorial Park. Park dedicated to World War II veterans.
- Angel Kitty's Empurrium, 28 E. Clinton Street, ☏ . Sculpted dolls and life size relicas on display by various artists
- Mike Blanc Studios, 230 Hilltop Drive, ☏ . Pencil and oil portraitures by local artist Mike Blanc on display
- [formerly dead link] Walsh Farms, 18723 Grill Road, ☏ . Pumpkin farm and horse boarding, seasonal festivities.
Nature & Parks
- Bass Lakes, 14587 Moine Road, ☏ . Fishing on a stocked public lake, weekends only, , no license required. $9 adults/$4.75 kids.
- Chippewa Golf Club, 12147 Shank Road, ☏ . Public course
- 1 Silver Creek Metropark.
- Rogues Hollow Festival - First week of every August. A festival that includes games, a parade, and fireworks.
- Summer Concerts - Friday Nights during the Summer. Concerts are free to the public.
- Erin's - Bakery featuring cookies and cakes, 70 Frederick Street, +1 330 658-8988.
- Doylestown Beverage Center - Convenient store for beverages and other grocery items, 32 Church St, +1 330 658-2671.
- Country Kids and Collectables - Crafts and pre-owned children's clothes and toys, 121 North Portage St, +1 330 631-4545.
- Creative Memories - Photo albums,145 Northwood, +1 330 658-6342.
- Becky's Cottage Floral, 197 Collier Drive, toll-free: .
- Galehouse Tree Farms - Tree farm, specializing in Christmas trees, and a Christmas shop, open year-round, 11762 Coal Bank Road, +1 330 658-2480.
- Team Dynamics, 151 Collier Drive, toll-free: . Sports wear and related gifts.
- The Valley Inn - Sit down restaurant and bar, 15004 Portage St, +1 330 658-9859
- Matt's Coffee House - Cafe serving teas and coffees, 68 ½ N. Portage St, +1 330 658-1931.
- Bernadette's Ice Cream Alley, 1/2 N. Portage St, ☏ . 68 in Matt's Coffee House.
- The Sweet Shop - Ice cream and frozen custard, 168 N. Portage St, +1 330 658-3003.
- Jake's Pizza, 73 N. Portage St, ☏ .
- Subway Subs, 60 N. Portage St, ☏ .
- Hill Top Tavern, 69 N. Portage St, ☏ .
- The Valley Inn, 15004 Portage St, ☏ . Sit down restaurant and bar
- Bonneville Bar - Located near intersection of Moine Rd. and Portage St. 13273 Portage St, +1 330 658-1496.
- [dead link] Doylestown branch library, 169 N Portage St, ☏ .