There are many ways to get into Wooster because many routes converge into Wooster.
- Route 30 - makes it easier to enter Wooster coming from the east and the Canton/Massillon area and from the west and the Mansfield area.
- Old Lincoln Highway- runs east to west into the Wooster CBD/ Main St. area.
- Route 585 - runs from the northeast from the Akron area.
- Route 250 - runs from the west into the southern portion of Wooster from the Ashland area.
- Route 3 - runs from north to south. Connects Medina and Cleveland area to the north and Columbus to the south.
- Route 83 - runs from north to south on the eastern border of Wooster. Connects to Medina and North Ridgeville in the north and Millersburg and Ohio's Amish Country in the south.
- Greyhound, 127 E Henry Street, ☏ (main), (Greyhound Package Express), (Greyhound Charter). Su-F 9:30AM-1:30PM, 4:30-5:30PM, closed Sa.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE IATA) - About 50 miles northwest (best for international tourists).
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport (CAK IATA) - About 40 miles northeast
- 1 Wayne County Airport (BJJ IATA). A General aviation airport.
Driving is the best way around. Walking, biking and hiking is an option since there are numerous parks and an inviting downtown area. A walk on the College of Wooster campus is also a very inviting and pleasant experience.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:13PM local time and lasts 2 min 30 sec. The chances of a clear sky are 30%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- 1 The College of Wooster, ☏ . Independent liberal arts college, founded in 1866 and nationally recognized for an innovative curriculum that emphasizes independent learning, an ivy league atmosphere with magnificent architecture and parklike grounds, 1189 Beall(pronounced bell) Ave.
- 3 Wayne Center for the Arts, 237 S Walnut St, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M - F 9AM - 9PM; Sa 9AM - 4PM.
- 4 Wayne County Historical Society and Museum, 546 E. Bowman St, ☏ . W-Su 2-4:30PM, closed January and holidays. Artifacts and displays from Wayne County history. Tour includes current exhibit and buildings, Adult $5, child under 14 free.
- 5 Congress (13 mi. NW of Wooster, on Rte 539). Village (pop. 185) in scenic Amish countryside.
- 6 OSU Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC). Has gardens. Next to the Ohio State University Agricultural Technical Institute.
- 1 Wayne County Fair, 199 Vanover St, ☏ . Held each September.
- 2 The Ohio Light Opera, 329 E University St (Freedlander Theatre), ☏ , email@example.com. A lyrical theater festival.
- 3 Freelander Theater.
- Acres of Fun (Wooster Skateland Rollerskating Rink), 3889 Friendsville Rd, ☏ . Offers Laser tag, Bumper boats, Go Karts, a rollerskating rink, and a batting cage
- 4 Vulture's Knob Mountain Bike Course and Race, 4300 Mechanicsburg Rd, ☏ . A privately owned mountain bike park that is open to the public. $5.
- 5 Alice Noble Ice Arena, 851 Oldman Rd, ☏ . Offers public skating and hockey.
- Triway Lanes, 3392 Columbus Rd, ☏ . Bowling alley that hosts tournaments and parties.
- Wayne Lanes, 1983 E Lincoln Way, ☏ . Bowling alley
Parks and Nature
- 6 Wooster Memorial Park (5 miles west of Wooster, off US 250). 7 miles of hiking trails and picnic pavilions. Horseback riding and mountain biking are prohibited.
- 7 Christmas Run Park (north of Bowman Street, between Grant and Woodland). Playground, pool, tennis courts, picnic pavilions, gazebo, covered bridge, creek, pond.
- 8 Freedlander Park (Hillside Drive, off Friendsville Road). Pool, chalet, picnic pavilions, playground, sand volleyball court, playing fields, horseshoe court, lake.
- Grosjean Park (on Freedlander Road and Maple Street - near Schellin Park). Stream and walkway for nature trails.
- 9 Knights Field Park (off Rebecca Street). Pool, tennis courts, horseshoe court, picnic pavilion, playground.
- Secrest Arboretum, 2680 Madison Ave (at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center), ☏ .
- Stan Miller Park (near US Route 30 interchange, off Beaver Street). Playground, picnic pavilion, pond with fountain, skate park, playing fields.
- Walnut Street Park (South Grant and West Henry Streets, behind the Wayne Center for the Arts). Basketball court, playground, picnic tables.
- Walton Woods (off Mechanicsburg Road). Tree nursery and flower beds.
- Meadow Lake Park, 8970 Canaan Center Road, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wooster has a number of local antique dealers, florists, and thrift shops.
- Books in Stock Used & Rare, 140 E Liberty St, ☏ .
- Troyer's Home Pantry II, 319 E North St, ☏ . Bakery
- 1 Buehler's Fresh Food Markets. Home of this regional grocery chain, Various locations.
- Wooster Natural Foods (Wooster Food Co-op), 138 E Liberty St, ☏ . Natural and organic foods.
- Buchwalter Greenhouse, 6554 Back Orrville Rd, ☏ . A local business that's been around since 1926. Offers gardening and planting workshops.
- Wooster Floral & Gifts, 675 Portage Rd, toll-free: .
- Coccia House Ristorante, 764 Pittsburgh Ave, ☏ . Pizzeria
- The Granery at The Pine Tree Barn, 4374 Shreve Road, ☏ . 1868 barn offering gourmet lunches and desserts prepared fresh daily.
- Hartzler Family Dairy and Cafe, 5454 Cleveland Road, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-7PM. Sells ice cream
- Matsos Family Restaurant, 154 West Liberty Street, ☏ . Sells Greek food and pizza
- 1 TJ's Restaurant (C.W. Burgerstein's), 359 W Liberty St, ☏ . Includes C.W. Burgerstein's and Melvin's
- Tulipan Hungarian Pastry & Coffee Shop, 122 S. Market Street, ☏ .
- 2 City Square Steakhouse, 148 S Market St, ☏ .
- Troyer's Home Pantry, 668 W Main St, Apple Creek, ☏ . Bakery and Amish cooking
- Golden Bear, 546 W Main St, Apple Creek, ☏ .
- Leroy's Place, 400 Palmer St, ☏ . Popular dive bar
- The Olde Jaol Brewing Co., 215 North Walnut Street, ☏ .
- Troutman Vineyards, 4243 Columbus Road, ☏ .
- JAFB Wooster Brewery, 120 Beall Ave, ☏ . Tap hall that lets you bring you own food.
- Muddy's (Muddy Waters Cafe), 146 E Liberty St, ☏ . A pub with steaks and a breakfast menu
- Best Western Wooster Plaza, 243 East Liberty, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. $120.
- 1 Days Inn.
- Hilton Garden Inn Wooster, 959 Dover Road, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Has a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, free WiFi and free breakfast.
Bed and Breakfast
- Black Squirrel Inn, ☏ , email@example.com. 1870 restored Victorian bed and breakfast, all rooms with en suite bathrooms located at 636 College Avenue, 2 blocks from the College of Wooster.
- Mirabelle Bed & Breakfast, 1626 Beall Avenue, ☏ , MirabelleBandB1@aol.com.
- Lazy B, 8375 Friendsville Rd, ☏ .
- Meadow Lake Park, 8970 Canaan Center Road, ☏ .
- The Cabin at Sassafras Knoll, 5932 Secrest Rd, ☏ . A restored 1820s cabin in a secluded Amish country setting.
- 1 Wayne County Public Library, 220 W Liberty St, ☏ , Wooster@WCPL.Info. Offers public WiFi, and maintains its own Wiki of area attractions, genealogy, and history.
- 2 Wooster Post Office.
- Cleveland (northeast)
- Mansfield (west)
- Columbus (southwest)
- Canton (east)
- Akron (northeast)
- Amish Country (south, southeast)
|Routes through Wooster|
|Lima ← Mansfield ←||W E||→ Dalton → Canton|
|Sandusky ← Ashland ←||W E||→ Apple Creek → Mount Eaton → Dover|
|North Ridgeville ← Burbank ←||N S||→ Millersburg → Coshocton|
|Marion ← Mount Gilead ← Jct N S ← Jct W E ← Jct W E ←||W E||→ END|