Wooster (IPA chart for English) (IPA: [wʊstɚ]); first syllable pronounced with a short double-O) is a city in Wayne County in Northeast Ohio. The city is also the county seat of Wayne County. The population was 24,811 at the 2000 census.
There are many ways to get into Wooster because many routes converge into Wooster.
- Route 30 - Newly constructed rte. 30 freeway makes it easier to enter Wooster coming from the east and the Canton/Massillon area and from the west and the Mansfield area.
- Old Lincoln Highway- runs east to west into the Wooster CBD/ Main St. area.
- Route 585 - runs from the northeast from the Akron area.
- Route 250 - runs from the west into the southern portion of Wooster from the Ashland area.
- Route 3 - runs from north to south. Connects Medina and Cleveland area to the north and Columbus to the south.
- Route 83 - runs from north to south on the eastern border of Wooster. Connects to Medina and Cleveland in the north and Millersburg and Ohio's Amish Country in the south.
- Greyhound, 127 E Henry Street, tel: +1 330-262-0341 (main), +1 330-262-0341 (Greyhound Package Express), +1-800-454-2487 (Greyhound Charter). Open Su-F 09:30-13:30 + 16:30-17:30, closed Sa.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport - About 50 miles northwest (best for international tourists).
- Akron-Canton Regional Airport - About 40 miles northeast
Driving is the best way around. Walking, biking and hiking is an option since there are numerous parks and an inviting downtown area. A walk on the College of Wooster campus is also a very inviting and pleasant experience.
- Meadow Lake Park, 8970 Canaan Center Road, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- The College of Wooster Art Museum, 1220 Beall Avenue (In the Ebert Art Center off Beall Avenue between Wayne Avenue and University Street.), ☎ , fax: +1 330 263-2633. Monday: Closed; Tu-F 10:30AM - 4:30PM; Sa-Su 1PM - 5PM; Closed during holidays & college breaks.
- The College of Wooster, ☎ . Independent liberal arts college, founded in 1866 and nationally recognized for an innovative curriculum that emphasizes independent learning, an ivy league atmosphere with magnificent architecture and parklike grounds, 1189 Beall(pronounced bell) Ave.
- Wayne Center for the Arts, 237 South Walnut Street, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours: M - F.: 9AM - 9PM; Sat.: 9AM - 4PM.
- Wayne County Historical Society and Museum, 546 E. Bowman St., ☎ . Artifacts and displays from Wayne County history. OPEN: Wednesday through Sunday, 2:00 - 4:30 pm, Tour includes current exhibit and buildings, Closed January and holidays, ADMISSION: $5.00 adults; children under 14 and members of the society, Free.
- Wooster Parks - 13 parks (listed below), 2759 Long Rd, +1 330 263-5206
- Wooster Memorial Park - Seven miles of hiking trails and picnic pavilions. Horseback riding and mountain biking are prohibited. Five miles West of Wooster, off US 250
- Bell Park - Located off Winter Street, behind the hospital, playground
- Christmas Run Park - North of Bowman Street, between Grant and Woodland, playground, pool, tennis courts, picnic pavillons, gazebo, covered bridge, creek, pond.
- Cohan Park - Located off Miller Blvd, playground and picnic pavilion
- Freedlander Park - Hillside Drive, off Friendsville Road, pool, chalet, picnic pavilions, playground, sand volleyball court, playing fields, horseshoe court, lake.
- Hudson Park - Cleveland and Smithville-Western Roads, picnic tables
- Gerstenslager Park - Located off SR 585, picnic tables, baseball fields
- Grosjean Park - Located on Freedlander Road and Maple Street - near Schellin Park, stream and walkway for nature trails
- Jaycee Park - Between Spink and Gasche Streets, playground and picnic pavilion
- Knights Field Park - Located off Rebecca Street, pool, tennis courts, horseshoe court, picnic pavilion, playground.
- Secrest Arboretum at The Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 2680 Madison Ave. 1+ 330-263-3741
- Stan Miller Park - Near US Route 30 interchange, off Beaver Street, playground, picnic pavilion, pond with fountain, skate park, playing fields.
- Walnut Street Park - South Grant and West Henry Streets, behind the Wayne Center for the Arts, basketball court, playground, picnic tables.
- Walton Woods - Located off Mechanicsburg Road, tree nursery and flower beds
- Congress ( 13 mi. NW of Wooster, on Rte 539). Village (pop. 185) in scenic Amish countryside.
- Wayne County Fair. Held each September.
- Acres of Fun/Wooster Skateland Rollerskating Rink, 3889 Friendsville Road, ☎ .
- Vulture's Knob Mountain Bike Course and Race, 4300 Mechanicsburg Road, ☎ .
- The Ohio Light Opera, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Alice Noble Ice Arena, 851 Oldman Rd, ☎ .
- Lock & Load Paintball, 1646 Fulton Rd, ☎ .
- Triway Lanes, ☎ . Bowling, 3392 Columbus Rd,
- Wayne Lanes - Bowling, 1983 E Lincoln Way, +1 330 264-9025
- Christmas Run Pool - Blessings Ave, +1 330 262-2891
- Freedlander Pool - Buena Vista Dr, +1 330 345-8334
- Knight Field Pool - Rebecca St, +1 330 262-8468
- Wooster Racquet & Fitness Club, 1578 Mechanicsburg Rd, ☎ .
- Out of the Rough - Golf driving range, 4393 E Lincoln Way, +1 330 264-4941
- Everything Rubbermaid, 115 S Market St, ☎ . Offers the largest assortment of Rubbermaid products anywhere in the world.
- Wooster Book Company, 205 West Liberty Street, toll-free: . One of Ohio's largest independent bookstores.
- Friendtique, 123 E Liberty St, ☎ .
- Nice as New - Vintage and used clothing, 2019 Portage Rd, +1 330 264-0896
- Online Selling Store, 104 Spink St, ☎ .
- A Sentimental Journey - Antiques and collectibles, 126 S Market St, +1 330 264-3433
- Harbor Hill Heirlooms - Antiques and collectibles, 2460 Wimpole St, +1 330 264-5966
- Harley's Antiques & Uniques, 4629 E Lincoln Way, ☎ .
- House Of Rand Collectibles, 120 E Liberty St, ☎ .
- Leonard Goldstein Antiques, 6724 Millersburg Rd, ☎ .
- Little Mama's Antiques, 4420 Fredericksburg Rd, ☎ .
- Lovee Collectibles, 2524 Portage Grove Ct, ☎ .
- Springville Antiques, 5327 Columbus Rd, ☎ .
- Uptown Downtown, 215 W Liberty St, ☎ .
- Hawg Closet, 133 N Market St, ☎ .
- Craft Emporium, 6096 E. Lincoln Way, toll-free: .
- Gallery in the Vault, 105 E. Liberty Street, toll-free: . Fine art, creative gifts, ceramics, art glass, original wall art, jewelry, and custom framing.
- Books in Stock Used & Rare, 140 E Liberty St, ☎ .
- An Elegant Affair - Florist and gifts, 421 N Bever St, +1 330 264-1958
- Bouquet Shop, 2651 Cleveland Rd, ☎ .
- Buchwalter Greenhouse, 6554 Back Orrville Rd, ☎ .
- Com-Patt-ibles Floral Elegance, 149 N. Grant St, toll-free: .
- Green Thumb Floral & Gifts, 1583 Madison Ave, toll-free: .
- Wooster Floral & Gifts, 675 Portage Rd, toll-free: .
- Greenhouse Shoppe, 3649 Cleveland Rd, ☎ .
- Cakes by Diane - Bakery, 5353 Millersburg Rd, +1 330 264-1380
- Robin's Gourmet Cheesecakes, 3763 Bates Rd, ☎ .
- Troyer's Home Pantry II - Bakery, 319 E North St, +1 330 263-1990
- Village Bake Shoppe - Bakery, 3258 N Elyria Rd, +1 330 263-6576
- Buehler's Fresh Food Markets. Home of this regional grocery chain, Various locations.
- Butcher Block & Deli, 842 E Milltown Rd, ☎ .
- Wooster Natural Foods - Natural and Organic Foods, 138 E Liberty St, +1 330 264-9797
- C.W. Burgerstein's, 359 West Liberty Street, ☎ .
- Coccia House Ristorante - Pizzeria, 764 Pittsburgh Avenue, +1 330 262-7136
- Downtown Grill & Cafe, est Western, 243, ☎ . B E. Liberty Street,
- Fill 'er Up Cafe, 117 West Liberty Street, ☎ .
- The Granery at The Pine Tree Barn, 4374 Shreve Road, ☎ . 1868 barn offering gourmet lunches and desserts prepared fresh daily.
- Great American Grill - Hilton Garden Inn, 959 Dover Road, +1 330 202-7701
- Hartzler Family Dairy and Cafe, 5454 Cleveland Road, ☎ .
- Kaffee Haus, 2730 Cleveland Road, ☎ .
- Matsos Family Restaurant, 154 West Liberty Street, ☎ .
- The Mill Restaurant - Buehlers, 3540 Burbank Road, +1 330 345-5908
- Melvin's, 359 W. Liberty Street, ☎ .
- Neighborhood Cafe - 1638B Old Columbus Road, +1 330 363-7200
- The Olde Jaol Brewing Co., 215 North Walnut Street, ☎ .
- South Market Bistro, 151 South Market Street, ☎ .
- Tomassettis Pizza, 146 S. Market Street, ☎ .
- TJ's Restaurant, 359 West Liberty Street, ☎ .
- The Towne Market Cafe, 334 North Market Street, ☎ .
- Tulipan Hungarian Pastry & Coffee Shop, 122 S. Market Street, ☎ .
- The Wooster Inn, 801 East Wayne Avenue, ☎ .
- Muddy Waters Cafe, 146 E. Liberty St, ☎ .
- Mr. J's Lunchbox, 580 Skylark Ave.
- City Square Steakhouse, 148 S. Market St., ☎ .
- Gemini Lounge, 269 Valley View Dr, ☎ .
- Murphy's Market Gill, 234 S Market St, ☎ .
- Leroy's Place, 400 Palmer St. Popular dive bar
- DeNovo, 1931 Portage Rd. Trendy two story club with huge dance floor
- Troutman Vineyards, 4243 Columbus Road, ☎ .
- AmeriHost Inn Wooster - East, 2055 Lincoln Way East, ☎ , fax: +1 330 262-5084, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barrister's End Bed & Breakfast, 356 North Market Street, ☎ .
- Best Western Wooster Plaza, 243 East Liberty, ☎ . $75.00.
- Black Squirrel Inn, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 1870 restored Victorian bed and breakfast, all rooms with en suite bathrooms located at 636 College Avenue, 2 blocks from The College of Wooster.
- Mirabelle Bed & Breakfast, 1626 Beall Avenue, ☎ , e-mail: MirabelleBandB1@aol.com.
- Wooster Inn, 801 East Wayne Avenue, ☎ , fax: +1 330 263-2661, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beck's Family Campground, 8375 Friendsville Rd, ☎ .
- Meadow Lake Park, 8970 Canaan Center Road, ☎ .
- The Cabin at Sassafras Knoll, 5932 Secrest Rd, ☎ . A restored 1820s cabin in a secluded Amish country setting.
- Leila Belle Inn Bed & Breakfast, 846 E. Bowman St., ☎ . Restored 1881 Victorian home.
- Cleveland (northeast)
- Mansfield (west)
- Columbus (southwest)
- Canton (east)
- Akron (northeast)
- Amish Country (south, southeast)
|Routes through Wooster|
|Lima ← Mansfield ←||W E||→ Dalton → Canton|
|Sandusky ← Ashland ←||W E||→ Apple Creek → Dover|