Marion is a city in Mid-Ohio and is the county seat of Marion County, Ohio, USA. It is home to the Marion Popcorn Festival, a annual event that is held in September, the weekend following Labor Day every year in downtown Marion.
- Port Columbus International Airport (IATA:CMH), 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, PH: (614) 239-4083, . Port Columbus International Airport is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities.
- U.S. Route 23, Marion can be accessed by U.S. Route 23 which provides access to Delaware and Columbus to the south and Toledo to the northwest.
- Ohio State Route 4 runs through Marion and its historic downtown business district. It provides access to Marysville, Springfield and Dayton to the southwest and Bucyrus and Sandusky to the northeast.
- Ohio State Route 95 runs through the city of Marion and its historic downtown business district. It provides access to the village of La Rue to the west and Mount Gilead and Interstate 71 to the east.
- Ohio State Route 309 runs through the city of Marion and its historic downtown business district. It provides access to the cities of Galion and Mansfield to the northeast and the cities of Kenton and Lima to the northwest.
- Ohio State Route 423 runs through the city of Marion and its historic downtown business district. It provides access to the village of Waldo to the south and U.S. Route 23 near Morral to the north.
- Ohio State Route 739 begins in the city of Marion at Ohio State Route 4. It provides access to Honda of America and Marysville to the southwest.
- Marion Area Transit (MAT), ☎ . Marion Area Transit (MAT) is also the area Greyhound Passenger and freight agent.
- Marion Area Transit (MT), ☎ . Marion Area Transit (MT) provides local taxi service.
- Harding Home and Tomb, 380 Mount Vernon Ave, ☎ . (Home), Vernon Heights Blvd. (Tomb) The Warren G. Harding home contains almost all original furnishings owned by the 29th President of the United States. Seasonal hours.
- Marion Popcorn Festival, PO Box 1101 Marion, Ohio 43301, Tel: (740) 387-FEST or (740) 387-3378, annual event is held every year in downtown Marion in September, the weekend following Labor Day, .
- Marion Palace Theatre, 276 W Center St (From 23 take 309W, go thru downtown, Palace is on right), ☎ . 9-5 M-F. Built in 1928 by legendary theatre architect John Eberson, this atmospheric theatre is the center for culture and the arts in central Ohio. Entertainment abounds at the Palace with everything from current films to ballet, comedians to musicals, and everything in between. Past performers to grace the Palace stage include Bill Cosby, America, Bobby Darin, The Lettermen, Bob Newhart, Art Garfunkel, and many others. A full season each year brings a variety of options for all ages.
This rare jewel's architecture is just as fascinating as the acts on stage. The Palace Theatre is a must-see site in central Ohio and on the National Register of Historic Places. With Spanish and Moorish influences, guests are transported into an outdoor courtyard. The original 1928 cloud machine gives an open-air feel beneath a star-filled ceiling. Eberson's masterful technique for the atmospheric style is on full display throughout the theatre. While entertainment isn't a luxury, it can be luxorious. And seeing a show at the Marion Palace Theatre proves it.
- The Ohio State University at Marion, 1465 Mount Vernon Ave., Tel: (740) 389-OSUM or (614) 292-9133, .
- Marion Technical College, 1467 Mount Vernon Ave, ☎ .
- Tri-Rivers Career Center, 2222 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd., Tel: (740) 389-4681, .
- Marion Centre, ☎ , fax: (740) 389-4148. Was formerly Southland Mall, 1509 Marion-Waldo Rd., M-Sa 10:00AM-9:00PM, Su 12:00PM-6:00PM, . Now in Bankruptcy.
- Gordon Food Service (GFS), ☎ , fax: (740) 389-3527. 1672 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd.
- Kroger. Two stores in Marion. Ask for discount card.
- Meijer, ☎ . One store in Marion at 2153 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Ask for discount card, .
- Walmart Supercenter, ☎ . One store in Marion at 1546 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, .
- Steve's Dakota Grill, Marion, Ohio, ☎ . 1950 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd., M-Th 4:00PM-10:00PM, F 4:00PM-11:00PM, Sa 1:00PM-11:00PM, Su 11:00AM-9:00PM, .
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar, 1514 Mt. Vernon Ave, ☎ .
- Super 8 Marion OH, ☎ , fax: (740) 389-2017. 2117 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd.
- America's Best Value Inn by Vantage Marion Ohio, ☎ , fax: (740) 725-8202. 1952 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd.
- Marion Post Office, 230 Barks Rd. W, ☎ . Hours are M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM, Sa 9:00AM-1:00PM. Package and shipping price varies.
- Marion Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1713 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd. Suite 110, Tel: 1-800-371-6688 or (740) 389-9770 (Fax: (740) 725-9295), .
Dial 911 from any telephone for emergency police, medical, and fire services.
- Marion General Hospital, 1000 McKinley Park Dr, ☎ .
- Marion Public Library, 445 E. Church St, ☎ . Hours are M-Th 9:00AM-9:00PM, F-Sa 9:00AM-5:30PM. The main branch of the Marion Public Library offers free internet access, although you may have to obtain a library card first.
- The Marion Star is the only daily newspaper published in the Marion area.
- Delaware is about 35 minutes south on U.S. Route 23.
- Columbus is about an hour south on U.S. Route 23.
|Routes through Marion|
|Toledo ← Upper Sandusky ←||N S||→ Delaware → Columbus|
|Lima ← Kenton ←||W E||→ Galion → Mansfield|