- 1 Wyandot County Visitors Bureau, 108 E Wyandot (E Wyandot & N Sandusky next to Community First Bank), ☏ .
US Hwy 23 and 30 are the main highways into town. They bypass around the north and east side of town with US Hwy 23 going north and south while US Hwy 30 continue east and west.
Locally Sandusky Ave (SR-53 & 199) divides east from west while Wyandot Ave (old hwy 30) divides north from south. Sandusky and Wyandot Avenues intersect in the middle of town. US Hwy 23 and 30 bypass around the north and east side of town as a freeway with traffic going at higher speeds. US Hwy 23 goes north and south while US Hwy 30 continue east and west.
- 1 Wyandot County Museum, 130 S. Seventh Street, ☏ . The Wyandot County Museum is a historic home was built in 1852 for the Beery family. The home was later occupied by one of the Beery daughters, Leefe (Beery) McConnell and her family. The home was donated to the Wyandot County Historical Society by the McConnell family and opened as a museum in 1962. The museum is now home to artifacts and documents relating to the history of Wyandot County.
- 2 Wyandot County Courthouse, 109 S Sandusky Ave. M-F 8:30AM-4:30PM. The historic courthouse attracts many visitors and is considered a unique structure for its style and the interior paintings. These paintings adorn the foyer with a three flight marble staircase in the middle. The courtroom on the third floor was used in the movie, "The Shawshank Redemption" where the main character, Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins), stood trial in and was convicted for the murders of his wife and her lover. The building still functions as a courthouse but the courtroom where Andy stood trial can be open for viewing if court is not in session inside. Call ahead to be sure, otherwise one can still walk around the hallways to marvel at the architecture. Click this separate link if you are traveling to Upper Sandusky for legal proceedings and need to access the Court Clerk's website for information. (The other link is the visitor center's website describing the courthouse as a tourist attraction)
- 3 Wyandot Mission Church. The Wyandot Mission Church, located on East Church Street in the Old Mission Cemetery, is the first officially recognized mission of the Methodist Episcopal Church in America. Many of the Wyandot people from the Grand Reservation worshipped there until the U.S. Government ordered their relocation to Kansas in 1843. The church was built in 1824 under the direction of Reverend James B. Finley, restored in 1889 and registered into the National Register of Historic Places in 1976
- 4 Shawshank Woodshop, 226 S 8th St, ☏ . Open by appointment. The prison woodshop scenes were filmed here instead of at the reformatory in Mansfield. It included the prison wood shop scene where Red and his fellow inmates hear The Marriage of Figaro. The building and the site is now dedicated as a museum to the filming of Shawshank redemption. Since the end of filming the owners have acquired and put together props from the movie such as prison uniforms, the bus used to transport Andy to prison and the ambulance that took Bogs (Mark Rolston) out to an infirmary in another prison as exhibits. Other props such as the pipe and the cast of the tunnel behind the wall in which Andy crawled through to escape are at the Mansfield Reformatory in Mansfield. The woodshop can be rented for weddings, graduation parties, class reunions, birthday parties, company holiday parties or some other private gathering.
- 5 Wyandot Indian Mill, 7417 County Road 47 (follow S. Sandusky Ave north, out of Upper Sandusky; pass under US Highway 23/30; turn right on OH Route 67/County Hwy 47; turn right on Township Hwy 121; merge left onto County Hwy 50/Indian Mill Road; the mill is on the right), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. May-Oct: Th-Su 1-4:30PM. The current structure, built in 1861, replaced an earlier grist-mill from 1820, which had been built by U.S. government for the local Wyandot people in gratitude for their support during the War of 1812. The mill operated until its closure in 1941. It is owned by the Ohio History Connection, and was cleaned, restored and reopened for visitors in 1968. It contains a milling museum, complete with the original milling machinery, stone burrs and other artifacts. The surrounding grounds make up Indian Mill Park.
- 1 Harrison Smith Park, 525 E Wyandot Ave. Has a public pool, picnic shelters, and scenic pond.
- 2 Wyandot County Fair, 10171 State Hwy 53 N, ☏ . Mid September.
- 1 Don Tomasso's Italian & American Kitchen, 123 W. Wyandot, ☏ . M 11AM-8PM, Tu-Th 11AM-9PM, F Sa 11AM-10PM.
- 2 Great Dragon Chinese Restaurant, 1187 E Wyandot Ave (Old Rt 30, 1/2 mile west of 23, next to Discount Drug Mart), ☏ . Tu-Su 11AM-9PM.
- 3 The Steer Barn, 1144 E Wyandot Ave (Old Route 30 1/2 mile west of 23, across street from Discount Drug Mart), ☏ . Tu-Sa 4-9:30PM.
- 4 Beca's Coffeehouse, 128 S Sandusky Ave (S Sandusky & W Johnson), ☏ , email@example.com. Tu-F 7AM-4PM, Sa 7:30AM-12:30PM.
- 1 Shotzy's Bar & Grille, 130 N. Sandusky (SW of N Sandusky & W Walker St), ☏ .
- The Steer Barn Steakhouse & Cocktail Lounge, 1144 E Wyandot Ave, ☏ . The 1897 red barn that's been retrofitted into a steakhouse.
Only a couple of places stay at US Hwy 23 & E Wyandot.
- 1 Royalton Inn & Suites, 1726 East Wyandot Ave (NE of E Wyandot Ave & US Hwy 23 junction.), ☏ .
- 2 Quality Inn, 105 Comfort Dr (NW of E Wyandot Ave & US Hwy 23 junction.), ☏ .
- 2 Upper Sandusky Community Library, 301 N Sandusky Ave (N Sandusky & E Finley), ☏ . M-Th 9AM-8:30PM; F 9AM-6PM; Sa 9AM-1PM.
- 3 Upper Sandusky Post Office (US Postal Service), 122 W Wyandot Ave (W Wyandot and N 7th St), ☏ , toll-free: . M-F 8:30AM-4:30PM; Sa 9AM-noon.
- 6 Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation, 315 Clay St, ☏ . A large Catholic shrine in Carey Ohio.
|Routes through Upper Sandusky|
|Toledo ← Perrysburg ←||N S||→ Marion → Columbus|
|Lima via ← Ada ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Nevada → Mansfield|
|END ← Kenton ←||S N||→ Tiffin → Fremont|