- For other places with the same name, see Fremont (disambiguation).
Fremont is a city in Ohio Erie shore west. It is the county seat of Sandusky County. Although Fremont has a rich, historic history, today many visitors come to Fremont to wade in and fish the Sandusky River. This is especially true at spawning time, when the river and banks are loaded with fishermen and State Wildlife Inspectors. Fremont is a beautiful city, with well maintained residential neighborhoods. Due to the location, it is a destination for those who enjoy Lake Erie and would prefer to be a bit away from the lake front and the little bit faster pace of life.
- Sandusky County Convention and Visitors Bureau (SCCVB), 712 North St, ☏ , toll-free: . Mo-Th 8:30AM-4:30PM, Fr 8:30AM-4PM.
Freemont can be reached through SR 20 NW/SE or SR 53 N/S
Roads are well maintained, driving is easy by car or motorcycle.
If you are trying to access the Sandusky River, the only marina between here and Lake Erie can be accessed by the 1st road south of the turnpike on the east side of the road. There are also three public boat ramps to the North along the river before Sandusky Bay.
- 1 [dead link] Fremont Airport, 365 S State Rt 53, ☏ . A general aviation airport. Offers fueling and maintenance services.
- 1 Hayes Presidential Center (Spiegel Grove), 712 North St, ☏ . The first American Presidential Library. Rutherford B. Hayes, nineteenth president of the United States and Mrs. Hayes are buried on the grounds at Spiegel Grove. Spans 26 acres, includes his home, his tomb, the Presidential Library and Museum.
- 2 Mull Covered Bridge (East of Wolf Creek Park on County Road 9.). A historic wooden covered bridge constructed in 1851.
- 3 Frederick Fabing House. A historic house built in the second empire style.
- 4 Soldiers and McKinley Memorial Parkways. A historic neighborhood.
- 5 Sandusky County Historical Museum, 514 Birchard Ave, ☏ .
The Hayes Presidential Center has numerous events throughout the year, including History Mystery and the Hayes Civil War Encampment on the grounds, in early October of each year.
- 1 Fremont Speedway, Sandusky County Fairgrounds (Sandusky County Fairgrounds), ☏ . One-third mile Sprint car track.
- Plaza Lanes, 2641 East State Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Bowling alley
- 2 North Coast Inland Trail (Access at Clyde or E. Side Biggs-Kettner Park.). 6.5 mile paved hike/bike path.
- 3 Birchard Park.
- Freemont Cycle & Fitness, 107 N. Ohio Ave, ☏ . Mo-Fr 10AM-6PM Sa 9AM-3PM. Sells and repairs bicycles. Also sells fitness gear.
- Casa Fiesta, 2455 Hayes Ave, ☏ .
- Whitacres Restaurant & Lounge, 3422 North State Rt. 53, ☏ .
- The 818 Club, 818 Croghan St, ☏ .
Outside the city, many farmers sell their own fresh produce at their farms.
- Brubaker's Acres (1 mile west of SR 53 on SR 12), ☏ .
- Potter's Berry Farm, 2275 North CR 239, ☏ .
- Rimelspach Produce (SR 12 & SR 53), ☏ .
- Rimelspach's Red Barn Country Market, 4148 SR 53 North, ☏ .
- Shellukes Bar and Grill, 1673 E State St, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 840 Sean Dr, ☏ .
- Days Inn, 3710 North SR 53, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 540 East County Rd 89, ☏ .
- Holiday Inn, 3422 North SR 53, ☏ .
- Travelodge, 1750 Cedar St, ☏ .
- Cedar Point
- Port Clinton
- Green Springs is a small village with mineral springs, one of the largest sulfur springs in the world.
|Routes through Fremont|
|Toledo ← Perrysburg ←||W E||→ Milan → Cleveland/Akron|
|Bowling Green ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Sandusky → Cleveland|
|Toledo ← Perrysburg ←||W E||→ Bellevue → Cleveland|
|Upper Sandusky ← Tiffin ←||S N||→ Port Clinton → Catawba Island|