Port Clinton, "The Walleye Capital of the World", is a fishing village and vacation spot on the north shore of Ohio. Most visitors to Port Clinton are parking and boarding boats and ferries to enjoy Lake Erie and Lake Erie Islands. It is a very clean and friendly place with plenty of places to sleep, eat and drink. The waterfront is downtown and the activity surrounds the marinas. Ferries leave to the islands frequently. It is the only City in Ottawa County. Locals refer to Port Clinton as one of Ohio's quaint drinking villages, with an occasional fishing problem.
- 1 The Jet Express (located downtown), toll-free: . High speed ferry that offers trips to Kelleys Island and Put-in-Bay.
- Little Portage Access, Darr Hopfinger Rd.
- Portage River Fishing Access (SR 163).
- 2 Brands Marina, 451 W. Lakeshore Dr, ☏ .
- 3 Coastal Marine II, 537 W. Lakeshore Dr, ☏ .
- 4 Lakefront Marina, 1805 W Lakeshore Dr, ☏ .
From Columbus, head north on US 23 to Ohio State Route 4. At Ohio 2 head West. Exit OH 2 at the first OH 163 exit.
From Cleveland, head west on OH 2, exiting at OH 163.
From Toledo, head East on OH 2. For a scenic route, follow Lakeshore Drive (just past the Red Horse National Guard base), or else exit at the OH 163 exit.
- Toledo Express Airport (TOL IATA)
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE IATA)
- 5 Erie-Ottawa County International Airport (FAA LID: PCW), 3255 E State Rd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Flights to the Lake Erie islands are often arranged here. Can accept international visitors, but the customs have minimal facilities compared to larger airports, so it may take longer.
- 1 Liberty Aviation Museum, 3515 E State Rd, ☏ . An aviation museum at the Erie Ottawa International Airport with a heavy emphasis on aviation from the 1920s to the 1940s.
- 2 Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, 14000 W SR 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A popular spot for watching large birds, such as eagles.
Plenty to do here. Fishing charters, head boats, ferries, marina's all located downtown on water front. Nice public beaches, parks.
- 1 Monsoon Lagoon Waterpark.
- Great Lakes Popcorn Co., 60 Madison St, ☏ . Sample 30+ flavors of popcorn including Vanilla Butternut, Rootbeer, Jelly Bean and so on. The production process is done in front of customers.
- 2 African Wildlife Safari, 267 Lightner Rd (off SR 163), ☏ , toll-free: . This drive-thru safari has exotic animals, camel and pony rides, entertaining and educational animal shows, pig races, gift shop, picnic facilities, a snack bar and café and grill.
- [formerly dead link] Annual Main Street Port Clinton Walleye Festival (Main Street Port Clinton). Annual event in May.
- Island Adventures Family Fun Center, 280 SE Catawba Rd, ☏ . 7 days. 11AM-10PM. (SR 53) 18 hole mini-golf, go-carts, bumper boats, arcade, pizza. Open Memorial Day/Labor Day.
- Annual New Years Eve Walleye Drop (Downtown Port Clinton). Annually on December 31..
- 3 Camp Perry. National Guard Base with one of the largest firing ranges in the world. Often has open ranges for civilian marksmanship.
- 4 Port Clinton City Beach, Perry St (SR 163).
- FishinFul/Myrmidon Charters, 1124 Lee Ave, ☏ . Apr 1-Oct 31
- Lake Erie Fishing Charters (Lakefront Marina), toll-free: . ,
- Lakeland Charters (Brands West Dock), ☏ .
- Sassy Sal Charters, 40 Jefferson St, ☏ . (SR 163).
- Shore-Nuf Charters, 247 Lakeshore Drive, ☏ . Head-boats - $30-35.00 per head.
- 5 Lake Erie Islands Welcome Center, 770 E. Catawba Rd, ☏ . (SR 53). 'Discount tickets' for ferry boats, attractions, maps, restrooms. Open year around.
- Cheese Haven, 2920 E Harbor Rd (SR 163, east of Port Clinton), ☏ . The Largest Cheese Shop In Ohio, located at Providing, cheese, smoked meat and fish, BBQ ribs, wine, beer, candy since 1949. Some free samples for tasting.
- The Mon Ami Restaurant and Historic Winery, 3845 E Wine Cellar Rd (on Catawba Island), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Jims Taxidermy, 2133 E. Harbor Rd, ☏ .
- Northcoast Canvas, 250 SE Catawba, +1 419-734-5453 Marine upholstery, enclosures, storage and canvas shop.
- Jolly Roger Seafood House, 1737 E Perry St, ☏ . Dine inside, outside or carry-out. Fresh Lake Erie fish, shrimp, soups. Great food! Closed part of winter.
- Mr Ed's Bar & Grill, 255 W Lakeshore Dr, ☏ .
- Commodore Perry Inn & Suites, 255 W Lakeshore Dr, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. ~$60.
- Our Guest Inn & Suites, 220 E Perry St. ~$40-$60.
- 1 Super 8.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton-Catawba Island, 50 NE Catawba Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast & WiFi ~$105.
- 2 Camp Perry Lodging and Conference Center (CPLCC), 1000 Lawrence Rd, ☏ . Accepts civilians. $106 (Motel Double).
Bed & Breakfast
- [dead link] The Five Bells Inn, 2766 Sand Rd, toll-free: .
- Catawba Island
- Cedar Point
- Milan Birthplace of Thomas A. Edison, inventor.
|Routes through Port Clinton|
|Toledo ← Oregon ←||W E||→ Sandusky → Cleveland|
|Upper Sandusky ← Fremont ←||S N||→ Catawba Island → END|
|Perrysburg via ←||W E||→ Lakeside → Marblehead|