Jump to navigation Jump to search
Huron is at the mouth of the Huron River, at one time a commercial port that now handles only iron ore and limestone on the Great Lakes. The harbor is now dedicated to private luxury and pleasure boats.
- Holiday Harbor Marina 944 S. Main St. +1 419-433-2140, http://www.holidayharbor.com
- Huron River Boat Access 41 Cleveland Rd. E +1 419-433-4848, http://www.cityofhuron.org
- Harbor North, 400 Huron St. +1 419-433-6010 
- Huron Lagoons Marina,100 Laguna Dr. +1 419-433-3200 
- Mariner Village Marina, 609 Mariner Village. +1 419-433-2376 
- South Shore Marine, 1611 Sawmill Pkwy. +1 419-433-5789 
Huron lies on US6 and SR2
- 1 Huron Harbor Lighthouse, ☏ . N. Main St. 1, Located at the mouth of the Huron River in downtown Huron. You can walk along a pier to get a close-up view of the Lighthouse, however entry inside is not permitted.
- 2 BGSU Firelands, 1 University Dr, ☏ . Home to the free and public James McBride arboretum, and the Cedar Point Center for small conventions.
- Huron Playhouse, McCormick School/325 Ohio St. (summer only) +1 419-483-4949 Ohio's oldest continuing summer theater. 5 productions a year.
- Fish. Plenty of charters, fish cleaning and marinas.
- Kalahari Resort, 7000 Kalahari Dr (off U.S. Rt. 250), ☏ . African theme, surfing pool, water slides, water coaster, water raft rides, outdoor pool area, spa for the parents and a lot of other indoor activities.
- Sawmill Creek Resort and Conference Center, 400 Sawmill Creek Dr (approx. 2 miles west off off SR 6), ☏ . 240 guest rooms/suites, enjoy the 235-acre site, an 18-hole championship golf course, charter fishing from marina on Lake Erie, restaurants, shops, indoor/outdoor pools, exercise room and tennis courts.
- 1 Colossalcon. Early Summer. A large anime convention held at Kalahari.
Parks and beaches
- 2 Old Woman Creek National Estuarine Research Reserve and State Nature Preserve, 2514 Cleveland Rd. E, ☏ . A National Estuarine Research Reserve and State Nature Preserve. This 571-acre reserve is one of Ohio's best remaining examples of a natural estuary. The estuary serves as a field laboratory where scientists can study this naturally functioning system where land and water join. Large parking area, paved trail, restrooms, drinking fountain, restrooms, checklist and observation area. Whenever the entrance gates are open, public is welcome.
- Fabens Park, Adams Ave. off US 6
- Lakefront Park & Beach, End of Park and Center Sts.
- Nickel Plate Beach, Nickel Plate Dr.
- Sheldon Marsh State Nature Preserve, 2715 Cleveland Road W.
- Berardi's, 218 Cleveland Rd, ☏ .
- Marconi's Italian Restaurant, 424 Berlin Rd, ☏ .
- Jim’s Pizza Box, 819 Main St, ☏ .
- Salmon Run Restaurant, at Sawmill Creek Resort and Conference Center 400 Sawmill Creek Dr., +1 800-729-6455  Steaks, seafood, salmon specialties, pastas, salads, desserts, wine and mixed beverages and an elaborate Sunday brunch.
- Mariner's Dockside Restaurant, at Sawmill Creek Resort and Conference Center 400 Sawmill Creek Dr., +1 800-729-6455  A dockside restaurant on Lake Erie featuring gourmet selections. Serving dinner on Fri & Sat during the summer. Menu changes weekly.
- Bar North Bistro. At Thunderbird Hills Golf Course 1316 Mudbrook Rd., +1 433-4552 Offering lunches and dinners along with a view of the 18th green. Open to the public.
- I-5's Bar and Grill, 356 N. Main St, ☏ . Waterfront dining and Tiki bar, DJ and/or band every Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun night.
- 34 Degrees Bar & Grill, 606 S. Main St, ☏ .
- Black Bear Saloon at The Lodge at Sawmill Creek, 400 Sawmill Creek Dr., +1 800-729-6455, http://www.sawmillcreek.com
- The Gull Motel, 45 Cleveland Rd, ☏ .
- [dead link] Plantation Motel, 2815 Cleveland Rd. E, ☏ . This motel has a private beach.
- Comfort Inn-On the River's Edge, 132 N. Main St, ☏ .
- Comfort Inn, 2119 Cleveland Rd. W, ☏ .
- Motel 6, 601 Rye Beach Rd, ☏ .
- Sawmill Creek Resort and Conference Center, 400 Sawmill Creek Dr, toll-free: . The resort has a Tom Fazio designed 18-hole golf course, marina, seasonal restaurants, shops, a private beach, water sports rentals, and in-room fireplaces.
- Huron Chamber of Commerce +1 419-433-5700, http://www.huron.net The Chamber provides tourist information, relocation information for prospective residents, seminars and help for local business members. Open year round.
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands Welcome Center +1-800-255-3743, http://www.shoresandislands.com
- Kelleys Island
- Milan Birthplace of Thomas A. Edison, inventor.
- Port Clinton
|Routes through Huron|
|Bowling Green ← Sandusky ←||W E||→ Vermilion → Cleveland|
|Toledo ← Sandusky ←||W E||→ Vermilion → Cleveland|
|END ←||N S||→ Milan → Mansfield|