The Vermilion Harbor dates to about 1840, today it is still a favorite port with over 8,000 pleasure craft at the public docks and marinas.
- Main Street Vermilion 685 Main St., ☏ ,
- Vermilion Chamber of Commerce 5495 Liberty Ave., ☏ ,
- Friends of Harbour Town 5741 Liberty Ave., +1 440-967-4262
- Lake Erie Shores & Islands Welcome Center ☏ ,
Vermilion is located on US-6 on the southern shores of Lake Erie. It is easily accessible via the Ohio Turnpike (I-80/90) and St. Rt. 2.
Vermilion is accessible by private boat.
Boat launch ramps:
- Vermilion Municipal Docks Launch Ramp W. River Rd., +1 440-967-7087 Ramp fee is $6, operating Apr-Nov
- Bulan's Boatyard Launch Ramp 710 Vermilion Rd., +1 440-967-5785 Ramp fee is $5, rest rooms and winter storage available
- Maple Grove Mairna Launch Ramp 1120 Vermilion Rd., +1 440-967-4525 http://www.maplegrovemarina.com
- Bulan's Boatyard, 710 Vermilion Rd. +1 440-967-5785
- Romp's Water Port & Dairy Dock, 5055 Liberty Ave. +1 440-967-4342
- Valley Harbor Marina, 1295 River Rd. +1 440-967-5225
Vermilion is easily accessible by car.
There is no public airport nearby.
The business district is walkable. One can also rent a golf cart to get around.
- Harbour Town Golf Cart Rental, LLC +1 440-984-8884
- Harbor Town 1837 Historic District, ☏ .
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:12PM local time and lasts 4 min. The chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio, then along the Canada–New England border.
- 1 Mystic Belle, 636 Sandusky St, ☏ . (off US 6). Paddle-wheel tour of historic and scenic Vermilion River. Jun-Sep: Tu-Su 2PM, 4PM and on weekends only, one-half hour before sunset.
- Vermilion Print Shop Museum, 727 Grand St, ☏ . The museum illustrates the manner in which 19th- and 20th-century letter press printing and newspaper publishing were accomplished. The building served as a print shop and a weekly newspaper from 1905 to 1964.
- Lucky Duck Sport Fishing Charters (Captain's Corner Marina), ☏ .
- 2 Vermilion Family YMCA, 320 Aldrich Rd, ☏ .
- 3 Romp's Dairy Dock, 5505 Liberty Ave., ☏ .
- Schoeple Garden, Just off State Route 113 on Market Street in Birmingham, ☏ . Schoeple Garden, near the Vermilion River, is composed of 70 acres of beautiful botanical gardens and natural woodland. Guided tours are available.
- 4 Main Street Beach, Main St (off US-6), ☏ .
- Sherod Park, US-6 and Coen Rd.
- Wollybear Festival. One-day event, last weekend in Sep or first in Oct.
- Festival of the Fish. 3rd weekend in June, three day event, each year.
There are several gift shops, antique and specialty stores in Vermilion. Most are located within close proximity of each other, making shopping a very walkable activity.
- Main Street Vermilion. Specialty shops, restaurants, art galleries, and well-maintained captain's homes.
- Brummer's Homemade Chocolates, 672 Main St, ☏ .
- Decidedly Different, 590 Main St, ☏ .
- Bicycle Bill's Fitness Center, 5523 South St, ☏ .
- Erie and Anchor, 5499 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
The city has over a dozen restaurants and eateries.
- Old Prague Restaurant, 5586 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Big Ed's Main Street Soda Grill, 5502 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
- Martino's International Cafe, 4503 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
- 2 Chez Francois and Touche Wine & Martini Bar, 555 Main St, ☏ .
- Lake Erie Tap House, 5561 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
- Rudy's Bar and Grill, 5665 Liberty Ave, ☏ . Offering a wide variety of beers, mixed drinks and bar food, including homemade chips and hot sandwiches. Variety of weekend entertainment.
- 1 Paper Moon Vinyards.
- Cottages at the Water's Edge, 6419 W. Lake Rd (US-6), ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 2417 St. Rt. 60N, ☏ .
- Lakeland Lodges, 13115 W. Lake Rd, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Motel Plaza, 4645 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Ritter Public Library, 5680 Liberty Ave, ☏ .
- 2 Vermillion Post Office, 4325 Liberty Ave, ☏ . The Vermillion ZIP code is 44089
|Routes through Vermilion|
|Sandusky ← Huron ←||W E||→ Lorain → Cleveland|
|Sandusky ← Huron ←||W E||→ Amherst → Cleveland|
|END ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Jct W E → Ashland|