Lorain is a city in Northeast Ohio.
Get in[edit source]
The City of Lorain is located on Erie Ave (Route 6 East/West) and Broadway (Route 57 North/South).
Amherst is located to the South of Lorain, Vermilion to the West of Lorain and Sheffield Lake is to the East of Lorain.
The easiest way driving into Lorain from the West is to take exit 10 from Route 2 and head North into Lorain which is about a 10-minute drive. Or from the East you may take exit 151 from Route 2 and head due West on Route 611 (Colorado Ave) into Lorain which is about 10 minutes also.
Lorain is approximately 30 miles West of Cleveland, Ohio.
Get around[edit source]
- Lorain County Transit, ☎ . Bus to/from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Elyria Park and Ride and Oberlin College
- Charles Berry Bridge.
- Lakeview Beach, 1800 West Eire Ave, ☎ .
- Century Beach, East Erie & Massachusetts, ☎ .
- Great Lakes Kayaking, 1355 Black River Parkway, ☎ .
- Bo-Kay Fishing Charters, Spitzer Lakeside Marina, ☎ .
- Sandy B. Fishing Charters, Spitzer Lakeside Marina, toll-free: .
- Lorain Harbor. Warm water attracts waterfowl throughout the year. The breakwater and jetties can reveal great blue and black-crowned herons, as well as purple sandpipers. To East Pier, take Route 6 to Arizona Avenue north 500 feet to parking. To Municipal Pier, take Route 6 to Oberlin Avenue north 1,000 feet to parking.
- Speigelberg Orchards, 6161 Middle Ridge Rd, ☎ .
- Rebman Recreation, 5300 Oberlin Ave, ☎ .
- Lorain Underground Railroad Station, 100 Black River Landing. Reflective Garden and Monument commemorating the Underground Railroad which led slaves to freedom.
- Lorain Palace Theatre, 617 Broadway, ☎ . A "Movie Palace" in 1928, this restored Gothic theatre showcases drama, music, movies.
- Harrison Cultural Community Centre, 1922 Hamilton Ave., ☎ . Community resource site focusing on African American heritage, tutoring and mentoring youth.
- Stocker Arts Center, 1005 North Abbe Rd (Lorain County Community College), ☎ . Performing and visual arts.
- My 2nd Home Resale Shop, 5350 Oberlin Avenue Bldg C, Suite 201, ☎ .
- Beachcliff Diner, 2405 West Erie Ave, ☎ .
- Diso's Bistro at All Nations, 4286 Oberlin Ave, ☎ .
- Fligner's Market, 1854 Broadway, ☎ .
- Jackalope Lakeside, 301 Lakeside Ave, ☎ . Casual, on Lake Erie overlooking Lorain Lighthouse.
- Rose Café at Lakeview Beach, 1800 West Erie Ave, ☎ . Breakfast and lunch, brunch on Sunday. Overlooks Rose Garden and Lake Erie.
- Arbor Lights Bed & Breakfast, 3454 East Erie Ave, ☎ .
Go next[edit source]
|Routes through Lorain|
|Sandusky ← Vermilion ←||W E||→ Sheffield Lake → Cleveland|
|END ←||N S||→ Amherst → Ashland|