- 1 Ashland Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (Tourist office), 211 Claremont Ave (Claremont and W 'South' St at west end of downtown), ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . M-F 8:30AM-4PM.
- Interstate 71, Ashland can be accessed by I-71 (U.S. Route 250 exit 186) which provides connection to Cleveland to the northeast and Columbus and Cincinnati to the southwest, running its course into Kentucky southwest to Louisville.
- U.S. Route 42 goes in and around the southern and eastern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Mansfield to the southwest and Medina to the northeast.
- U.S. Route 250 can be accessed by Interstate 71 exit 186 just east outside of the city limits of Ashland. The highway goes in and around the eastern and northern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Norwalk and Sandusky to the northwest and Wooster to the southeast.
- Ohio State Route 58 goes north to the city of Lorain from U.S. Route 250 on the northern edge of the city of Ashland.
- Ohio State Route 60 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Hayesville to the south and New London to the north.
- Ohio State Route 96 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to U.S. Route 42 and U.S. Route 250 to the east and the city of Shelby to the west.
- Ohio State Route 511 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Perrysville to the south and Oberlin to the north.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE IATA), ☏ . Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is a hub for United Airlines.
- 1 Ashland County Historical Society, 420 Center St (along Center St (SR-60) between W Washington & W Walnut St), ☏ .
- 2 Ashland University, 401 College Avenue, ☏ .
- 3 Former Farmers Bank Bldg (Crosby Advisory Group), 19 W Main St (W Main & Center St (SR-60)). M-F 8AM-4PM. This former private bank was started by the Freer Brothers in 1874 which was known as The Farmers Bank by 1917. It is now occupied by the Crosby Advisory Group, a local financial planning and advisory company. It served as the fictional Maine National Bank, in Shawshank Redemption (1994), one of several banks in the Portland area where Andy went in to cash out on the warden's money following his escape from prison. The other Shawshank Redemption filming site is located in the Revival 2 Thrift Store three blocks north on Orange St (see below under 'Buy').
- Ashland BalloonFest, ☏ . Early July of each year. Hot air balloons fill the Ashland skies; this event runs until after dark when they light up the balloons. Family event, food. Free admission.
- 1 Ashland County Fair, 2042 Claremont Avenue (County fairground on Claremont & Baney Rd, 2 mi (3.2 km) southwest of downtown.), ☏ . (office hours) M-F 9AM-4PM. Mid-September each year. There are other events held at the county fairgrounds at other times of the year that may be of an interest. Check the calendar on the website link.
- 2 Hugo Young Theater, 401 College Ave (SW of intersection of College Ave & College Blvd towards the NE corner of campus), ☏ .
- 1 Fin Feather Fur Outfitters, 652 U.S. Highway 250 East (US Hwy 250 & Township Rd 653, east of the US Hwy 250 & I-71 Junction (Exit #186)), ☏ . M-F 9AM-8PM; Sa 9AM-6PM; Su 9AM-5PM. Sports, camping gear. Very big place, worth the visit.
- 2 [dead link] Fitch Pharm Farm, 1591 Township Road 1353 (0.4 mile north along Township Rd 1353 from US Hwy 42. 5.5 mi (8.9 km) southwest of town via Claremont Ave & US Hwy 42), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Ohio maple syrup producer.
- 3 Grandpa's Cheesebarn, 668 U.S. Highway 250 East (4.5 mi (7.2 km) east of town via E Main St & US Hwy 250 E), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Family-run shop selling cheese and smoked meats.
- 4 Revivals 2 Thrift Store, 345 Orange St (Orange St & Commercial Ave), ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-5PM. They offer new & gently used merchandise such as household items, children’s toys, holiday decorations, clothing and shoes, movies, and more. The inside of the store served as a faux Trailways bus station in Shawshank Redemption where Red bought his bus ticket to Ft Hancock, Tx.
- 1 Walmart Supercenter, 1996 E. Main St (E Main (US Hwy 250) & Amberview Pkw, 2.5 mi (4.0 km) east of town, between downtown & I-71), ☏ . Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are other businesses such as Buffalo Wildwings, Pulp Juice Smoothie Bar, GNC, Dollar Tree, etc surrounding the Walmart Supercenter.
- 2 Buehler's Fresh Foods, 1055 Sugarbush Dr (Sugarbush & Main), ☏ . Daily 7AM-9PM.
- 3 Lyn-Way Restaurant, 1320 Cleveland Ave (Cleveland Ave & E 8th, south of Cahn Grove Park), ☏ . A bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. Reasonable prices, daily until 10PM.
- 4 The Dairy Bar, 733 Clark ave (Clark & E 8th Ave), ☏ . One of the greatest greasy spoons in the entire universe. not easy to find, but well worth going out of the way for.
- 5 Kelly's Deli, 622 Claremont Ave, ☏ . Another old school diner that does great breakfast. you get in and out for about six bucks. Lots of homestyle food at cheap prices.
- 6 Pumphouse Grille, 400 Orange St (Orange & E 4th St), ☏ . A nicer upscale restaurant in the middle of the old section of town. Food is reasonably priced, and very good. Not a burger and fries joint.
- 7 Jake's Steakhouse, 1040 Sugarbush Drive (Next to Home Depot on Sugarbush & US HWy 250), ☏ . Su-Th 11AM-10PM, F Sa 11AM-10PM.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- 1 O'Bryan's Pub, 1065 Claremont Ave (Claremont & Laurel), ☏ . M-W 11AM-11PM; Th 11AM-midnight; F 11AM-2:30AM; SA 11:30AM-2:30AM; Su noon-10PM.
Except the Mohican Lodge and Surrey Inn most of the listed hotels in the below are located 3 mi (4.8 km) SE of town at US Hwy 250 & I-71 (Exit #186):
- 1 Hampton Inn & Suites Ashland, 2055 East Main Street (on U.S. Highway 250 just west of Interstate 71 exit 186, besides Quality Inn), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
- 2 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ashland, 1392 Enterprise Parkway (Township Road 743) (just west of Interstate 71 exit 186 at the signalized intersection of U.S. Highway 250 and Township Road 743 right by McDonald's), ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- 3 Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, 1098 Ashland County Rd 3006, Perrysville (22.5 mi (36.2 km) south of town near the town of Perryville), ☏ . Surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 guestrooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
- 4 Motel 6 Ashland, OH, 1423 Montgomery Road (County Road 1575) (just off U.S. Highway 250 (near Interstate 71 exit 186) on County Road 1575 behind Goasis travel center (BP, Minit Mart, Starbucks)), ☏ .
- 5 Quality Inn, 741 U.S. Highway 250 East (on U.S. Highway 250 just west of Interstate 71 exit 186 beside Wendy's & Hampton Inn), ☏ , fax: .
- 6 Super 8 Ashland, 736 U.S. Highway 250 East (on U.S. Highway 250 just west of Interstate 71 exit 186 beside Denny's restaurant), ☏ .
- 7 Surrey Inn Hotel Ashland, 1065 Claremont Avenue (on Claremont Avenue near walking from Ashland University), ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Ashland Post Office (US Postal Service), 530 Claremont Ave. (Claremont Ave & Liberty), ☏ . M-F 8AM-5PM; Sa 8AM-noon. In town zip code is 44805.
- 3 Ashland Public Library, 224 Claremont Ave (Claremont Ave & Quarry), ☏ , fax: . M-Sa 9AM-7PM; Su noon-4PM. Offers public computers and Wi-Fi.
- Samaritan Hospital, 1025 Center St, ☏ .
- Ashland Times Gazette, is the only daily newspaper published in the Ashland, Ohio area.
- Charles Mill Lake
- Loudonville Recreation area.
- Mohican State Forest
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Pleasant Hill State Park and Lake
- Mansfield is about 30 minutes southwest on U.S. Route 42.
- Wooster is about 35 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250.
- Canton is about 1 hour and 10 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250 and east on U.S. Route 30.
- Cleveland is about 1 hour and 15 minutes northeast on I-71.
- Columbus is about 1 hour and 25 minutes southwest on I-71.
|Routes through Ashland|
|Cleveland ← West Salem ←||N S||→ Mansfield → Columbus|
|Sandusky ← Norwalk ←||W E||→ Wooster → Dover|
|Lorain ← Wellington ←||N S||→ END|
|Vermilion ← Jct W E ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Jct W E → Loudonville → Zanesville|