- Interstate 71, Ashland can be accessed by I-71 (U.S. Route 250 exit 186) which provides connection to Cleveland to the northeast and Columbus and Cincinnati to the southwest, ultimately running its course into Kentucky southwest to Louisville.
- U.S. Route 42 goes in and around the southern and eastern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Mansfield to the southwest and Medina to the northeast.
- U.S. Route 250 can be accessed by Interstate 71 exit 186 just east outside of the city limits of Ashland. The highway goes in and around the eastern and northern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Norwalk and Sandusky to the northwest and Wooster to the southeast.
- Ohio State Route 58 goes north to the city of Lorain from U.S. Route 250 on the northern edge of the city of Ashland.
- Ohio State Route 60 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Hayesville to the south and New London to the north.
- Ohio State Route 96 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to U.S. Route 42 and U.S. Route 250 to the east and the city of Shelby to the west.
- Ohio State Route 511 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Perrysville to the south and Oberlin to the north.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE IATA), ☎ . Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is a hub for United Airlines as well.
- Ashland County Historical Society, 420 Center St, ☎ .
- Ashland University, 401 College Avenue, ☎ .
- Ashland BalloonFest, ☎ . Early July of each year. Hot air ballons fill the Ashland skies, event runs until after dark when they "light up" the ballons. Family event, food. Free admission.
- Ashland County Fair, 2042 Claremont Avenue. Mid-September each year.
- Fin Feather Fur Outfitters, 652 U.S. Highway 250 East, ☎ . Sports, camping gear. Very big place, worth the visit.
- 1 Grandpa's Cheesebarn, 668 U.S. Highway 250 East, ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. Family-run shop selling cheese and smoked meats.
- Walmart Supercenter, 1996 E. Main St, ☎ . Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Buehler's Fresh Foods, 1055 Sugarbush Dr, ☎ . Mon-Sun 7am-9pm.
- Lyn-Way Restaurant, 1320 Cleveland Ave, ☎ . A bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. Reasonable prices, daily until 10PM.
- The Dairy Bar, 733 Clark ave, ☎ . One of the greatest greasy spoons in the entire universe. not easy to find, but well worth going out of the way for.
- Kelly's Deli, 622 Claremont Ave, ☎ . Another old school diner that does great breakfast. you get in and out for about six bucks. Lots of homestyle food at cheap prices.
- Pumphouse Grille, 400 Orange St, ☎ . A nicer upscale restaurant in the middle of the old section of town. Food is reasonably priced, and very good. Not a burger and fries joint.
- Jake's Steak, 1040 Sugarbush Drive, ☎ . Mon - Thurs 11am - 10pm; Fri & Sat 11am - 11pm; Sunday 11am - 10pm.
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Ashland, 2055 East Main Street (Located on U.S. Highway 250 just west of Interstate 71 exit 186), ☎ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ashland, 1392 Enterprise Parkway (Township Road 743) (Located just west of Interstate 71 exit 186 at the signalized intersection of U.S. Highway 250 and Township Road 743 right by McDonald's), ☎ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Mohican Resort & Conference Center (Southern Ashland County). Surrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 recently renovated guestrooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
- Motel 6 Ashland, OH, 1423 Montgomery Road (County Road 1575) (Located just off U.S. Highway 250 (near Interstate 71 exit 186) on County Road 1575 behind Goasis travel center), ☎ .
- Quality Inn, 741 U.S. Highway 250 East (Located on U.S. Highway 250 just west of Interstate 71 exit 186 beside Wendy's), ☎ , fax: .
- Super 8 Ashland, 736 U.S. Highway 250 East (Located on U.S. Highway 250 just west of Interstate 71 exit 186 beside Denny's restaurant), ☎ .
- Surrey Inn Hotel Ashland, 1065 Claremont Avenue (Located on Claremont Avenue near walking from Ashland University), ☎ , fax: .
- Ashland Post Office, 530 Claremont Ave., Tel: +1 419 289-8307.
- Samaritan Hospital, 1025 Center St, ☎ .
- Ashland Public Library, 224 Claremont Ave, ☎ , fax: .
- Ashland Times Gazette,  is the only daily newspaper published in the Ashland, Ohio area.
- Charles Mill Lake
- Loudonville Recreation area.
- Mohican State Forest
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Pleasant Hill State Park and Lake
- Mansfield is about 30 minutes southwest on U.S. Route 42.
- Wooster is about 35 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250.
- Canton is about 1 hour and 10 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250 and east on U.S. Route 30.
- Cleveland is about 1 hour and 15 minutes northeast on I-71.
- Columbus is about 1 hour and 25 minutes southwest on I-71.
|Routes through Ashland|
|Cleveland ← West Salem ←||N S||→ Mansfield → Columbus|
|Sandusky ← Norwalk ←||W E||→ Wooster → Dover|
|Lorain ← Wellington ←||N S||→ END|
|Vermilion ← Jct W E ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Jct W E → Loudonville → Zanesville|