From the North, take I-64 in Virginia to exit 291B (US 168-Battlefield Blvd). Merge left onto Rt 168 and continue until road becomes RT. 158 (beyond the NC border). 158 will take you all the way to the Outer Banks, then turn North onto NC 12 and head up the island to Duck.
Driving from the West use US-64 and 264 through Columbia and Manteo, NC. US 264 becomes 158 once you've reached the Outer Banks beaches, take it North past Kill Devil Hills to NC 12 and head up the island to Duck.
Duck is very easy to get around since the town is so small. Everything is within walking distance of each other, so you should have no problem getting around by foot. You can rent a golf cart if you do not feel like walking. Just remember that golf carts are only allowed to operate on side streets, cross NC 12 at a right angle to and from the beach, and be operated by drivers 16 or older. They CANNOT operate along NC 12, the Duck Trail, boardwalk, pathways, sidewalks, bike lanes, or shoulders, or in a manner that violates state motor vehicle laws.
Wild horses run free north of Corolla. A 4WD is necessary.
Duck is a quiet place. There is shopping in town, and some watersports on the Currituck Sound, but mostly what there is to do is enjoy the beach. Almost everything is within walking distance.
Duck, as most of OBX, is family friendly. Duck is also dog friendly. In fact, dogs (without leashes) are welcome on the beach!
Be sure to walk the beach in the evenings. Lots of families head out after dark to play with the crabs.
- Cravings Coffee Shoppe, 1211 Duck Road. A nice non-chain coffee-and-stuff joint. Just a couple of small tables and some comfy chairs, but Howard has a good word for everyone.
- Duck Deli, 1223 Duck Road. A favorite among tourists and locals. Good basic food, not much parking. Don't miss the BBQ!
- Duck's Cottage Coffee & Book Shop, 1240 Duck Road. A nice coffee shop combined with a small independent bookstore. Not much seating, but some inside and some outside.
- Pizzazz Pizza Company, 1187 Duck Road. Just your basic pizza parlor. Delivery available.
- Sunset Grille & Raw Bar, 1264 Duck Road. Wonderful view of the sunset over Currituck Sound, a mix of inside and outside seating. A popular place, and sometimes loud. Food is secondary to view and bar scene.
- 1 Elizabeth's Cafe & Winery, 1177 Duck Road #11, Duck (In Scarborough Faire Shopping Village), ☏ . 6PM-8:45PM. Incredible food, with a wine list that fills an entire 3-inch binder.
- Duck Donuts, 1190 Duck Rd, Duck, ☏ . Donut chain that originated in Duck, NC - the original location. Donuts and coffee!
- Angelo's Soundfront Eatery, 1190 Duck RD. Duck, North Carolina 27949, ☏ . 7 Days a Week. 11:30 till 3:00 And 5PM till 9PM.
- Beach Realty & Construction / Kitty Hawk Rentals – Duck Office, 1450 Duck Road (Rt. 12), Duck, NC 27949, toll-free: . Outer Banks Vacation Rentals (mini-weeks, full weeks, extended stays), real estate and construction services.
- Carolina Designs, 1197 Duck Road Duck, NC 27949, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. Carolina Designs has providing vacation property rentals and sales for over 25 years. 4-22 Bedroom rentals available across the outer banks region
- Joe Lamb Jr. & Associates, P.O. Box 1030, Mile Post 2, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Outer Banks vacation rentals in Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, and South Nags Head.
- Resort Realty - Duck Office, PO Box 8147, 1248 Duck Road, Duck Village, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Duck, Outer Banks vacation rentals, 2-10 bedrooms, private pools, pet-friendly, event planning. Offers Resort Club collection of top-of-the-line vacation properties.
- Seaside Realty Outer Banks Vacations, ☏ , toll-free: . Vacation rentals in Duck. Bed linens & bath towels included; 1 - 17 bedrooms, private pools, hot tubs, game rooms, elevator, dog-friendly.
- Southern Shores Realty, 5 Ocean Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Offers over 650 Outer Banks vacation rental homes in Corolla, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Nags Head.
- Sun Realty, ☏ , toll-free: , Vacations@SunRealtyNC.com. Homes and condos from 1 - 14 bedrooms, private pools, hot tubs, game rooms, handicap accessibility, luxury oceanfront homes to affordable family beach cottages. Phone lines open until 9PM M-F, 5:30 Saturday and Sunday.
- Twiddy & Company Realtors, 1181 Duck Road, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outer Banks Blue North Carolina Beach Vacations, 1245 Duck Road, ☏ , toll-free: . Vacation rentals in Duck. Quality linens included; 1 - 13 bedrooms, private heated pools, hot tubs, game rooms, home theaters, fireplaces, elevator, dog and kid friendly.
|Routes through Duck|
|END ← Corolla ←||N S||→ Southern Shores → Nags Head|