Durango International Airport, or General Guadalupe Victoria International Airport, is a very small airport that has flights from Mexico City and direct flights from the U.S. from Chicago on certain days. The airport is a 15-minute drive from the city center of Durango by taxi.
- 1 Basilica of Durango (Basilica Menor Inmaculada Concepción), Av 20 de Noviembre, ☏ .
- 2 Cultural Institute of Durango (Instituto de Cultura del Estado de Durango). Situated in a palace-like former porfirian hospital, with many good museums. Free entrance.
- 3 Old railway station (Antigua Estacion de Ferrocarril). While it's not longer possible to travel by train to Durango, the restored old station with a beautifully restored steam engine, is worth a visit.
- Plaza de Armas
- Templo de Santa Ana
- Templo de San Agustin
- Templo del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus
- Templo San Juan Bautista de Analco
- Plaza IV Centenario
- Palacio de Zambrano
- Teatro Ricardo Castro
- Parque Guadiana
- Instituto de Cultura del Estado de Durango,
- Museo de Arquelogia Ganot-Peschard
- See the western filmsets in Chupaderos (bus from terminal, 10 pesos) and in Villa del Oeste (Tue - Sun, 11-18h, 25 pesos). Villa del Oeste is about 1km from Chupaderos. Walk back in direction Durango until you see the compound to your right.
- Centro Deportivo Juvenil, Colegio Militar, near pedestrian bridge 0.5 km south of bus terminal. Basic accommodation in dorms, dorms 50 pesos.
- 1 Durango Travellers Hostel, Privada Florida 1135 Int 5 Barrio del Calvario (next to the calvary central library and behind the cable car), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. budget accommodation with shared rooms in separate areas for ladies and gentlemen. Central location, free internet throughout the hostel, a continental breakfast, fully equipped kitchen, an entertainment room with a screen, a fubolito and computer. A terrace with a good view. €10.