East Grand Forks is a city in Northwestern Minnesota. It's the smaller neighbor of the much better known Grand Forks, North Dakota. EGF's population peaked at about 8,985 in 1996 estimate, before the city was badly damaged during the incredible Red River Flood of 1997. Due to the determination of residents, the generous assistance of government agencies, and private investment that can only be described as "optimistic," the city's population has rebounded from almost 0 during the flood, to about 7,501 at the 2000 census, to an 8,601 in 2010 census.
US Highway 2 runs through East Grand Forks in an east-west orientation, and connects with Interstate Highway 29 just to the west, in Grand Forks.
Grand Forks International Airport (GFK IATA) is served by Delta (via Pinnacle Airlines and Mesaba Airlines) and Allegiant Air.
- Cabela's Retail Showroom, 210 Demers Ave NW, ☏ +1 218 773-0282. M-F 9AM-9PM, Sa 9AM-7PM, Su 10AM-6PM. This 60,000 square foot outlet for the popular mail-order outfitter opened in 1999. The store features museum-quality displays, huge aquariums, and trophy animals on display.
- Beavers Family Restaurant, 300 3rd Ave NW, ☏ +1 218 773-1137.
- Mike's Pizza, Inc., 411 2nd St NW, ☏ +1 218 773-2479. A favorite of the college crowd, some say Mike's pizza is the best anywhere - but it could be the beer talking.
- Red Pepper East, 1504 Central Ave NE, ☏ +1 218 773-6344.
- River Bend Super Club, Hwy 220, ☏ +1 218 773-4351.
- River Bend Supper Club, Hwy 2, ☏ +1 218 773-2493.
- The Blue Moose Bar & Grill, 507 2nd St NW, ☏ +1 218 773-6516.
- Whitey's Cafe, 121 Demers Ave, ☏ +1 218 773-0831. This is it - a throwback from the time in the 1920s when EGF had 40 saloons, and this is one that your mom would tell you to stay out of. The food is good, standard American fare, but it's the history and the ambience that draw folks in.
- East Grand Inn, 606 Gateway Drive, Highway 2 East, toll-free: +1-800-671-9207. From $55.
|Routes through East Grand Forks|
|Minot ← Grand Forks ←||W E||→ Crookston → Bemidji|