Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not to be confused with West Bank.
East Palestine is a city of 4,800 people (2020) in Columbiana County, Ohio. Large storage and preserving facilities made East Palestine the leading city for orchards in the area. Its name is pronounced "East Pal-es-teen", not "-ine".
- State Route (SR) 14 bypasses diagonally from 1 mi (1.6 km) north of town to 3 mi (4.8 km) east of town. The main road becomes SR 51 in Pennsylvania.
- SR-46 and 558 run concurrently west of town on W Main St.
- SR-165 comes into town from SR-14 in the north as N Market St. It then continues east on E Taggert St to SR-51 3 mi (4.8 km) east of town, over the state line, in Pennsylvania.
- Market St continues to US Hwy 30, 15 mi (24 km) south of town in Calcutta (Ohio).
- 1 East Palestine Historical Society, 555 Bacon Ave (In the East Palestine Park), ☏ . Jun-Aug Dec: Su 2-4PM; otherwise by appointment only. The historical society maintains a 1840 log cabin, and makes apple butter seasonally.
- 1 East Palestine City Park. Scenic trails, gazebo, pavilions and Boy Scout cabin, pool with a waterslide. 31 Park Dr.