North America > United States of America > Midwest > Ohio > Northeast Ohio > Youngstown-Warren Metropolitan Area > Youngstown (Ohio)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Youngstown Live (Mahoning County Convention & Visitors Bureau), 21 W Boardman St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 1 Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport (YNG IATA) (off Routes 11 and 82 in Vienna, OH.), ☏ . This airport is rather small and has had trouble attracting more than a handful of flights or giving any staying power to flights. There are charter flights to Atlantic City, too.
Youngstown is served by the following interstate highways:
- I-76 serving Akron and Youngstown and connecting to beyond Pennsylvania to the east.
- I-80 is the Ohio Turnpike (a toll road) that runs across the northern part of the state, serving Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown (where I-80 and I-76 criss cross).
- I-680 provides access to downtown areas and outer suburbs.
- 3 WRTA (Western Reserve Transit Authority). provides the inner city and suburbs with bus transportation.
There is also a taxi station next door to the Greyhound / WRTA station in West Federal Street.
- 1 Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor, 151 W Wood St, ☏ . W-F 10AM-4PM, Sa noon-4PM. Museum chronicling the rise and fall of steel in Youngstown. $7 adults, $6 seniors, $3 students, children under 6 free.
- 2 Arms Family Museum of Local History, 648 Wick Ave., ☏ . $4.
- 3 Stambaugh Auditorium, ☏ . Former home of The Youngstown Symphony, it now serves as a more general event venue.
- 4 Youngstown State University (YSU), ☏ . A university that is known for its musical talents, hosting one of the oldest non conservatory music schools in the US. Most of the students here are commuters. The campus is generally safer then the rest of the city, and is a good place to dip into if you feel unsafe.
- 5 Butler Institute of American Art, 524 Wick Ave, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM, Su noon-4PM. First museum of American Art. Free.
- 6 McDonough Museum of Art, 525 Wick Ave, ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM. Contemporary art museum for Youngstown State University, it features both student/faculty works and traveling shows. Free.
- 7 Tyler History Center (Mahoning Valley Historical Society), 648 Wick Ave.
- 1 Covelli Centre, 299 E. Front St., ☏ . Home of the Steelhounds and site of many major concerts
- 2 Powers Auditorium, 260 W. Federal Plaza. Built in 1931 by the Warner Brothers. Home to The Youngstown Symphony.
- 3 Youngstown Playhouse, 600 Playhouse Lane, ☏ . America's Oldest ongoing community theater
- 4 Oakland Center for the Arts (The Oakland), 4749 South Ave. Youngstown, OH 44512 (From Downtown Youngstown, head east on Federal St. turn right on South Ave and travel 3.5 mi. and will see Trinity Fellowship Church, in which the Oakkland Center resides.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10AM-5pm Sat. 10AM-3PM. The Oakland Center for the Arts (or the Oakland, as it is usually called) is an interdisciplinary arts center based in Youngstown, Ohio. The center was established in 1986 by Youngstown native Alexandra Vansuch and a group of local performers and civic-minded individuals, as a community venue for theater, film, music, literature, dance, and the visual arts. The center specializes in performing locally written plays, as well as offbeat, obscure plays and musicals such as Bat Boy: The Musical, Baby, Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris, and Assassins. Their award-winning work has gained them local and regional acclaim. Reopened in 2016 for a new start with Kids First Theatre Initiative, a premier children's theatre company in Youngstown, and have 6-7 productions per year since reopening. $5.00 and up.
- 5 Mahoning Valley Scrappers. Minor A League Baseball
- 6 [formerly dead link] Youngstown Steelhounds. CHL Hockey
- 7 Youngstown Phantoms. USHL
- 8 Youngstown State Penguins. College Division NCAA I-AA: Gateway Football Conference
- Little Steel Derby Girls.
- 9 Mill Creek Metroparks. Located in the heart of Youngstown, OH. Mill Creek Park encompasses approximately 2,600 acres, 20 miles of drives, and 15 miles of foot trails, and a rare collection of gardens, streams, lakes, woodlands, meadows and wildlife for all to enjoy. Visitors will find a wide range of recreational opportunities such as hiking, biking, picnicking, boating, Par-3, or championship golf, tennis, sand volleyball and more. Many of the facilities can be found at the James L. Wick, Jr. Recreation Area. Universally accessible trails, fishing pier, playground and picnic areas are located throughout the Park. Cabins and pavilions for group events are available for rental year-round. Mill Creek Park is the largest metropolitan park in the country, more than three times larger than Central Park in New York City!
- 10 Boardman Township Park. Has an outdoor theater and trails.
- 1 Southern Park Mall. Boardman
- 1 Avalon Downtown, 17 W Federal St, ☏ . Downtown pizzeria
- 2 Handel's Ice Cream, 3931 Handel's Court, ☏ . Ice cream chain based out of Youngstown
- Springfield Grille, 7413 Tiffany S, Boardman, ☏ . Steakhouse
- Scarsella's Italian Restaurant, 4151 Market St, ☏ .
- Cassie's MVR, 410 N Walnut St, ☏ . Mo-Sa 11AM-11PM.
- 3 Inner Circle Pizza.
- 1 B & O Boxcar Lounge, 534 Mahoning Ave, ☏ . Great beer selection. Located next to B & O Station
- 2 Imbibe Martini Bar, 124 W Federal Plaza.
- 3 Downtown Draught House (West Federal Plaza - Downtown). Tons of beer selections. Houses the Spacekat BBQ.
- Irish Bob's (South Ave).
- Shenanigans (Market St. in the Uptown.).
- Myrddin Winery, 3020 Scenic Avenue, Berlin Center, ☏ .
- 4 Penguin City Brewing Company, 530 Mahoning Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Best Western Meander Inn, 870 N Canfield Niles Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, 801 N Canfield Niles Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- 1 The Public Library (The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County), 305 Wick Avenue, ☏ . Beyond books, the public library has public computers, as well as a makerspace with 3D printers, laser cutters, and other tools.
- The Youngstown Region was ranked #4 in the country for golf by Golf Digest.
- Mill Creek Golf Course - West Golf Drive - Youngstown
- Pine Lakes Golf Club - 6233 Liberty Street - Hubbard
- Reserve Run Golf Course - 625 E. Western Reserve Rd. - Youngstown
- Kennsington Golf Club - 4171 Westford Place - Youngstown
|Routes through Youngstown|
|Akron ← Ravenna ←||W E||→ Big Beaver → Pittsburgh|
|Cleveland via ← Streetsboro ←||W E||→ Grove City → State College|
|Cleveland via ← Streetsboro ←||W E||→ Big Beaver → Pittsburgh|
|Canton ← Salem ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Franklin → Warren, PA|
|Cleveland ← Warren, OH ←||W E||→ Butler → Ebensburg|
|END ← Conneaut ←||N S||→ Columbiana → East Liverpool|