- 1 Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport (YNG IATA) (off Routes 11 and 82 in Vienna, OH.), ☎ . This airport is rather small and has had trouble attracting more than a handful of flights or giving any staying power to flights. Allegiant Air flies to destinations in Florida, but has announced to cease doing so in January 2018. There are charter flights to Atlantic City, too.
Youngstown is served by the following interstate highways:
- I-76 serving Akron and Youngstown and connecting to beyond Pennsylvania to the east.
- I-80 is the Ohio Turnpike (a toll road) that runs across the northern part of the state, serving Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown (where I-80 and I-76 criss cross).
- I-680 provides access to downtown areas and outer suburbs.
WRTA provides the inner city and suburbs with bus transportation. There is also a taxi station next door to the Greyhound / WRTA station in West Federal Street. The nearest hotels & motels are in Niles, Boardman & Austintown .
- 1 Butler Institute of American Art, 524 Wick Ave, ☎ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM, Su noon-4PM. First museum of American Art. Free.
- 2 Youngstown Historical Center of Industry and Labor, 151 W Wood St, ☎ . W-F 10AM-4PM, Sa noon-4PM. Museum chronicling the rise and fall of steel in Youngstown. $7 adults, $6 seniors, $3 students, children under 6 free.
- Mill Creek Park. A very large, beautiful park with glacial lakes, rivers & streams, playgrounds, picnicking, golfing, biking, paddleboating.
- 5 McDonough Museum of Art, 525 Wick Ave., ☎ . Tu-Sa 11AM-4PM. Contemporary art museum for Youngstown State University, it features both student/faculty works and traveling shows. Free.
- 1 Covelli Centre, 299 E. Front St., ☎ . Home of the Steelhounds and site of many major concerts
- 2 Powers Auditorium, 260 W. Federal Plaza. Built in 1931 by the Warner Brothers. Home to The Youngstown Symphony.
- 3 Youngstown Playhouse, 600 Playhouse Lane, ☎ . America's Oldest ongoing community theater
- Oakland Center for the Arts. Great local theater productions
USHL: Youngstown Phantoms.
- College. Division NCAA I-AA: Youngstown State University. (Gateway Football Conference).
- Mill Creek Metroparks. Located in the heart of Youngstown, OH. Mill Creek Park encompasses approximately 2,600 acres, 20 miles of drives, and 15 miles of foot trails, and a rare collection of gardens, streams, lakes, woodlands, meadows and wildlife for all to enjoy. Visitors will find a wide range of recreational opportunities such as hiking, biking, picnicking, boating, Par-3, or championship golf, tennis, sand volleyball and more. Many of the facilities can be found at the James L. Wick, Jr. Recreation Area. Universally accessible trails, fishing pier, playground and picnic areas are located throughout the Park. Cabins and pavilions for group events are available for rental year-round. Mill Creek Park is the largest metropolitan park in the country, more than three times larger than Central Park in New York City!
- Anthony's On The River. Downtown
- Avalon Gardens. Best pizza in Youngstown!!
- Cafe Cimmento. Great Italian food. In the Downtown
- Rosetta Stone Cafe. Great new restaurant in the Downtown
- Handel's Ice Cream. Voted one of America's best ice cream parlors
- Fifth Season.
- Springfield Grille.
- Bean Counter Cafe in Downtown.
- Inner Circle Pizza.
- Golden Dawn.
- university pizza. great food, specials everday but sun, best beer selection in town
- The Lemon Grove Cafe, 122 Federal Plaza West, ☎ . M-F 7am-4am S&S 11am-4am. Eclectic, Bohemian Cafe/Bar/Entertainment $5-$10.
- B & O Boxcar Lounge. Great beer selection. Located next to B & O Station
- Martini's Downtown. Located in City Centre One. Also has full kitchen menu.
- Downtown Draught House. Tons of beer selections. West Federal Plaza - Downtown
- The Cell. Nightclub near YSU
- Imbibe Martini Bar, in the Downtown.
- Irish Bob's, South Ave.
- Micky's, Market St. in the Uptown.
- Shenanigans, Market St. in the Uptown.
- University Pizzeria and Italian Eatery, Lincoln Ave. (Youngstown State University campus)
- Cedars Lounge, The best original music hangout in town (Downtown).
- The Rosetta Stone, Gourmet Food, Daily Menu, excellent Lunch Menu (Downtown).
- Rust Belt Brewery, 530 Mahoning Avenue Suite A, ☎ . T-F 2pm-7pm Sat 12pm-5pm. Great little brewery with growler hours and very good beer. $$.
- Myrddin Winery, 3020 Scenic Avenue, Berlin Center, ☎ .
- 1 Best Western Meander Inn, 870 N Canfield Niles Rd, ☎ , fax: .
- 2 Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, 801 N Canfield Niles Rd, ☎ , fax: .
- The Youngstown Region was ranked #4 in the country for golf by Golf Digest.
- Mill Creek Golf Course - West Golf Drive - Youngstown
- Pine Lakes Golf Club - 6233 Liberty Street - Hubbard
- Reserve Run Golf Course - 625 E. Western Reserve Rd. - Youngstown
- Kennsington Golf Club - 4171 Westford Place - Youngstown
|Routes through Youngstown|
|Akron ← Ravenna ←||W E||→ Big Beaver → Pittsburgh|
|Cleveland via ← Streetsboro ←||W E||→ Grove City → State College|
|Cleveland via ← Streetsboro ←||W E||→ Big Beaver → Pittsburgh|
|Canton ← Salem ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Franklin → Warren, PA|
|Cleveland ← Warren, OH ←||W E||→ Butler → Ebensburg|
|END ← Conneaut ←||N S||→ Columbiana → East Liverpool|