Warren is a smaller-sized city along the banks of the Mahoning River in Northeast Ohio It is surrounded by other small towns, which some deem as suburbs (Howland, Niles, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown, Southington). The major employers here are General Motors and Packard Electric. Sports are a major past-time in the city. The local high school, Warren G. Harding, named after the President who was born there, is known for its great athletes. During baseball season one can catch a Scrappers minor-league baseball game.
Warren is located approximately 50 miles from Cleveland (about 45 minutes by car).
US422, SR5, SR 11, and SR 45 pass through Warren.
Throughout the city you will find many parks. The main town square becomes vibrant during summer festivals.
- 1 Trumbull County Courthouse. The historic county courthouse, which was once the seat of the U.S. Northwest Territory, is in the middle of the downtown square.
- 2 Women's Park. A small decorative park that contains the Every Woman's Memorial.
- 3 Trumbull County Museum (John Stark Edwards House), 303 Monroe St, ☏ . Th-Sa 1PM-4PM.
- 4 National Packard Museum, 1899 Mahoning Ave, ☏ .
- 5 Neil Armstrong First Flight Location, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10AM-5PM. A monument to the site where Niel Armstrong took his first flight on a Ford Tri-Motor airplane on July 26, 1936. Includes a replica of the Apollo 11 Module. Free.
- Elm Road Drive In Theatre, 1895 Elm Rd NE, ☏ . Adults $10, Children $5, Tickets are cash only..
- Warren Community Amphitheatre.
- W.D. Packard Music Hall, 1703 NW Mahoning Ave, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Oktoberfest on the Square. Late September or Early October. $25 Presale, $30 at door.
- Sunrise Inn, 510 E Market St, ☏ . Known for its Brier Hill Pizza, which is a style of pizza named after the Brier Hill neighborhood of nearby Youngstown, Ohio.
- 1 Hot Dog Shoppe. Known for its chili dogs and French fries.
- 2 Mocha House, 467 High St, ☏ . A cafe with a selection of coffee and food.
- 3 Nova Coffee Co, 112 N Park, ☏ .
- Speakeasy Lounge, 136 N Park Ave, ☏ .
- Fairfield Inn Warren Niles, 1860 Niles-Cortland Road SE, ☏ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 135 Highland Terrace Blvd, ☏ .
- 1 Best Western Park Hotel, 136 N Park Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. A hotel in downtown Warren. ~$70.
- Niles Ohio, home of the National McKinley Birthplace Memorial
|Routes through Warren|
|Cleveland ← Beachwood ←||W E||→ Youngstown → Butler|