Ravenna is connected by I76 and SR5.
- 1 Portage Bike & Hike Trail, 535 Cleveland Rd (Ravenna Parking Lot). Paved bike path. Connects to Kent, and other locations within the Cleveland metro. Free.
Ravenna is a walkable and very bikeable town. In spring, summer, and fall nearly anywhere in town can be reached easily by bike. The Portage Hike and Bike trail is a nice flat ride west 3 miles to Towner's Woods or 6 miles to Kent, or about a 2 mile ride to the trail's eastern terminus at Peck Rd.
The PARTA bus service runs back and forth from Ravenna to Kent every 45 minutes or so all day from 6 AM to about 10 PM, Monday thru Saturday.
- 1 Portage County Courthouse. The flagple in front is an iconic 150 foot tall structure built in 1893. The steel criss-cross design looks more like a radio tower or oil derrick than a modern flagpole. It is seen as a symbol of the city of Ravenna, and recent efforts to have the Flagpole torn down and replaced were met with huge opposition by residents.
- 2 Riddle Blocks (intersection of Main and Chestnut). are unique, historic brick buildings built in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, commissioned by H.W. Riddle, owner of Riddle Hearse Co. The original Riddle Block is on the southeast corner of the intersection of Main and Chestnut, and once held and opera house. The other Riddle blocks are numbered and scattered throughout downtown. The words "Coach Hearse" are faintly visible on one of the Riddle blocks that can be seen when entering downtown from the south on Prospect.
- 1 The Balloon-a-Fair. Mid-September. starts downtown with a long parade and a day of fair food such as corn dogs, funnel cakes, and ribs. There are live bands all day. In late afternoon the official part of the festival packs up and moves east of town to Sunbeau Farm. The downtown part of the festival is free, but the Sunbeau part of the festival requires a $5 admission fee. At Sunbeau, you can watch hot air balloons take off and a fireworks display at dusk. At night, generally, Sunbeau is the 'family friendly' part of the festival, with many people instead staying downtown after a day of filling up on greasy fair food to have drinks at the downtown bars, which are always packed on this day.
- 2 West Branch State Park. A park centered around a large reservoir. Allows for fishing and boating. Includes a campground.
- 3 Midway Twin Drive In, ☏ . A classic drive in movie theater.
- 4 Shaw Woods.
- I76 Antique Mall, 4284 Lynn Rd.
- Guido's, 214 W Main St, ☏ .
- Mimi's Italian Grill & Bar, 786 E Main St, ☏ . Mo-Sa 11AM-9PM.
- 1 Rocking Horse Inn, 248 W Riddle Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 12PM. Bed and Breakfast $80-100.
|Routes through Ravenna|
|Akron ← Kent ←||W E||→ Youngstown → Pittsburgh|
|END ←||W E||→ Jct W E → Warren|
|Cleveland ← Streetsboro ←||W E||→ Jct W E → Salem → Columbiana|
|Mentor ← Chadron ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Louisville → Waynesburg|
|Akron ← Kent ←||W E||→ END|