Eastern Sri Lanka is a province in Sri Lanka.
- 1 Trincomalee — The Eastern Province's capital. It is also a deep-water naval base
- 2 Batticaloa — the second largest city of the Eastern Province amid sea and lagoons
- Ampara — the administrative capital of the Ampara District
- 3 Sammanthurai — the administrative capital of the Sammanthurai Area
- 1 Arugam Bay — a popular surfing and tourist destination
- Passikudah — a crescent-moon bay with shallow water and fringing reefs
- 2 Nilaveli — a long sand strip, quite clean for Lankan standards and well maintained
- 3 Kumana National Park
Trains run from Colombo to Trincomalee (7 hours 35 minutes day, 8 hours sleeper, three per day) and Batticaloa (8 hours 40 minutes day, 9 hours sleeper, two per day) but note there is no train directly linking these two cities.
- Swim in the blue water of Passikudah bay
- Learn to ride a wave at Arugam Bay
- Take a boat ride to experience snorkeling around Pigeon Island Island National Park (Nilaveli)
- Tour the swamps south of Arugam Bay and watch exotic birds and huge crocodiles